Check my build and see if I'm getting duped please

yoohoo2455

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I have finally decided to get a gaming pc on a $1,100-$1,200 budget and was thinking about doing an ibuypower, but didn't want to get ripped off a few hundred bucks for something I can always to do myself (and from what people say is not done all too well). I just need some tech savvy people to check it in advance for me preferably soon, because I'm ordering the parts tommorow.
Some concerns I have are:
1. Is the price for this build good for what I'm getting?
2. Any changes you would make to this build? Why?
3. Do you see a bottleneck or complication (for example, the fan I chose, I have no idea how well it works and if the second fan, the case fan is combatible with the chassis I chose.)
4. Do you think I could put this together with my dad (who has put together a home pc from parts)?
5. How do the mail in rebates work (I've never used one for anything ever before and dont know the process). I noticed they're included in my final price and without them it end up costing me more, so I intend on using them.
6. Finally, for anyone else who has used pcpartpicker, do all the pieces arrive in the same timeframe (a week or two) and have parts ever gotten lost in the mail process.

That's all the concerns I have at the moment and I look forword to hearing your answers even if you answer just one, or all the questions I put up. I know I have a lot to ask, but I need to be precise so that I can build the best pc for my needs and I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to look at my build.
Thanks in advance
http://

lfrz93

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Do not buy from iBuyPower please. They will send you a system that when you open the case you will see all the cables jammed in there skill lessly and shipped with a cheap and generic power supply.

Build it yourself, it will be tons of fun and most of all you will know what is going in to your machine. Trust me, once you fire up the machine you will hit an amazing level of satisfaction.

Your system is solid, there is nothing you should worry about even though for the same 1200 you could probably buy an i7 system, but if you don't like Intel then this is great. The FX Series CPUs are very nice. You could also maybe cut down on some of the non core components and get a 7970.

I just today finished building my system, on which I am typing this, and it was my first build, and I'm glad no one will take that feeling away from me ever. Don't buy it all at once, you can wait a few weeks to see if the prices on any of the components come down. I did that and scored a combo on newegg for 610 that would have cost me around 750 and I was able to sell some of the parts I didn't need to my friends, so ended up saving a whole ton. My 4770k, MPOWER MSI MoBo, and a 2tb WD Caviar Green HDD came out to around 440 after all.

You will be able to put it together without a problem, just make sure to take it one step at a time and NEVER FORCE ANYTHING. You will also NEVER use that BD ROM as is intended, so I recommend you take that out. You can also buy windows 7 professional oem on ebay for about 70 dollars.

You will also have no bottlenecks on this system, unless you could consider your gpu a bottleneck, but it's a pretty solid gpu.

You should not order through pcpartpicker,but make purchases on each website separately. The time that it takes to get to you is entirely up to the shipping companies. And finally, the mail in rebates do work, they will just take anywhere between 2-4 months to make it to you.