What amp would be good for these subs?

alexisNYK1

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Hello I have a pair of 8 inch subwoofers for my car. I need a sub but I don't know what I should be looking for.
The brand is Shotgun (i have never heard of it)
they are both 8 inch subs
the only thing it says on the sub is "200 W MAX 4 OHM"

I dont know what to look for in an amp. I saw an amp that said 250w @4ohm and i thought that would be okay, because i read that a little bit more power is better for subs. please help :)
here are some pictures

securedownload

download

for some reason the pictures are not showing up for me. tried in ie10 and firefox

found something a little cheaper for you

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_33974_Rockford_Fosgate_R250-1D.aspx

run your speakers in parallel, this will drop the ohm load down to 2 ohms on the amp giving you 250watts output. That will be enough for your speakers.

To hook your speakers up to this amp run a line from the + on the amp to each + on the speakers, do the same for the - two lines from the amp, one to each - on the speakers.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
To get the most power from the amp, you'll need to drop it to 2 ohms. Tie each speaker together, + to +, - to -. Then run a single speaker wire to the amplifier, tieing the + lead to right channel + and the - lead to left channel -. This is 'bridging' the amplifier, which ties both channels together for a much greater output