Sign in with
Your question

Looking to build a low budget but good gaming PC?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
July 17, 2013 4:06:52 AM

Hello Everyone!
I'm looking to build a good gaming PC.
One that would be able to Play Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Minecraft, GTA 4, COD Black Ops, TS3, Portal, Portal 2 and other games with a minimal to no amounts of lag. Now for my budget....I got the idea of doing chores at 10 dollars every 2 weeks. I found a nice Intel Based PC build that would work well for me, but seeing how the total would be 1,090$ (and dont forget the shipping!) Doing a simple amount of math....it would take me just about 4 years to save up enough money! (Im 13 now, i would end up just turning 17 by then) and im pretty sure other good computers would be out by then, and the one i was saving up for would be considered crap.

Anyway....could you guys help me find some decent parts to put together that would fit my budget? (And hopefully not take 4 years to save up the money 0_0)
Just remember that I would want a Intel Based PC (No AMD PCs unless i really have to!)

Thanks!
a b 4 Gaming
July 17, 2013 8:03:23 AM

:)  ask your dad to buy you Playstation 4 , or Xbox One ,they are coming at the end of this year , they are $400 only and you will enjoy playing all the games you want on them :)  better than a PC for you :)  and maybe this year :D 

you dont have to wait all these years :) 
July 17, 2013 9:14:02 AM

Sadly, i dont know my dad. he moved out of my life when i was little...
and i actually found a computer that would work well for me.
1TB of HDD Space, and 4GB of memory. and its Referbished, and its Dell, and its INTEL!
and this is what im going to get:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Refurbished+-+OptiPl...;jsessionid=A7C6B72F5554C95831E3DC95901F5AB7.bbolsp-app04-174?id=mp1306008295&skuId=1306008295

But thanks anyway -_-
July 18, 2013 8:51:49 PM

NuLuumo said:
Sadly, i dont know my dad. he moved out of my life when i was little...
and i actually found a computer that would work well for me.
1TB of HDD Space, and 4GB of memory. and its Referbished, and its Dell, and its INTEL!
and this is what im going to get:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Refurbished+-+OptiPl...;jsessionid=A7C6B72F5554C95831E3DC95901F5AB7.bbolsp-app04-174?id=mp1306008295&skuId=1306008295

But thanks anyway -_-

Your link is no good. I hope you will read this now, so you can cancel your order if you are getting something smaller than MT

Look below, only MT is somewhat upgradable, others are very limited

Those are optiplex 755 family, I seen optiplex name in your link (which is no good)

MT is the only one to consider, the rest are junk.

If you could find any Inspiron models, that would be better for later upgrading.
!