Sign in with
Your question

Building gaming pc using bitfenix prodigy case. Advice needed.

Last response: in Systems
July 17, 2013 7:33:40 AM

Hey guys Im looking to build a gaming pc and the prices in Australia are much more expensive. Anyway here is a built I came up with and i was wondering if it is worth looking into the CPU and Motherboard. Are the 1150 a better upgrade? I shared an image of the build here http://postimg.org/image/ujm22ic6f/ thanks in advance
July 17, 2013 7:38:38 AM

swap that 1x8gb for 2x4gb and i see nothing else wrong with this build.
July 17, 2013 7:47:21 AM

Rhavi Marques said:
swap that 1x8gb for 2x4gb and i see nothing else wrong with this build.

Thanks. I received feedback regarding the h77 and k series cpu cards used for overclocking. Would it be better off to change to a z77 motherboard if i intend to overclock in the future? the price increase is really minimal. As for the Ram a 2x4 performs better than a 1x8? Cause I was planning to upgrade in the future if needed to.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.
Related resources
July 17, 2013 7:56:13 AM

if you plan to overclock a z77 would be a good choice, for a gaming rig you wouldnt really need more then 8gb of ram so 2x4gb will perform better then 1x8
July 17, 2013 7:57:28 AM

Rhavi Marques said:
if you plan to overclock a z77 would be a good choice, for a gaming rig you wouldnt really need more then 8gb of ram so 2x4gb will perform better then 1x8

Thanks alot for the feedback. Will most likely take your advice and switch the ram as well as the board. Cheers.
!