Graphics question nvidia or ATI

Karl Kitching

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Hi, I opened this program and I saw all these speed clocks and performance levels I haven't altered anything at all but my question is if I put all these levels full will it run at its best performance/peak before it start's to do downhill or would it be hurting the card all I need help with is if I put these full will it be safe to do so.
picture link underneath

many thanks karl

http://www.mediafire.com/?shbtt2ax79juqds

Neospiral

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
I really wouldn't start tweaking the speed of your components unless you know exactly what you're doing. While the GPU will likely throttle its speed before letting itself become damaged due to heat, it's still quite possible to fry the card. What kind of cooling solution do you have in place on that card? If it's just the factory cooler, you won't be able to do a whole lot beyond the boost clock the card came with.

If you insist on playing with the settings, very slowly and carefully increase the GPU clock, maybe 5MHz at a time. Between each increase, run your most demanding game to see if it's stable and closely monitor the GPU's temperatures. Also, overclocking tends to consume a lot more power than normal on a GPU, so you need to have a good quality, high efficiency power supply with a lot of wiggle room.

Karl Kitching

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
well thanks for explaining how to overclock and so on but I had no intention of moving them just wanted a basic understanding of what would happen and so on but thank you :) for explaining and yeah just the standard heat sink and stuff but thanks for the time to reply any how.

Karl Kitching

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
oh and under full pelt in game with auto fan speed it runs at 49-52 I think this is quite good so im leaving it as it is because on games like sniper 2 I get 100-120 FPS on max settings and on smaller games like call of duty I get 200-250 so it is very capable and perfect for the game si play and so on.

TRENDING THREADS