First system build, help!

G

Hi guys. Noob builder here
I really need some help... I decided to build my first computer. All the parts just showed up today. They are;

Asrock z87 Extreme9/ac
Intel i7-4770k
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 power supply
120GB Samsung 840 pro SSD
2TB WD Black HDD
Some LG blu-ray drive from my old computer not sure exactly what model it is

No GPU yet. I plan on getting one in the near future if I can ever get this to work.

So my problems are

My power and reset buttons on my case don't work. I double checked the motherboard on board header connections. and as far as i can tell everything is alright

So after that I turned it on using the power button on the motherboard its self. My fans and everything light up and spin. but no power to the blu-ray drive and also I can't turn the motherboard back of using the power button on the motherboard or reset it. The only way to get it to power off is to flick the switch on the power supply.

My Corsair Dominator Platinum`s light up for a split second when I first power up the motherboard then turn off right away.

when I plug in my mouse the red optical light flashes on the goes off right away.

Is there something really obvious that i might have forgot to do?

Please help me out. This is my first build and I have no clue where to even start looking for solutions to this problem.

I hope I posted this is the right section, Sorry if its not. This is my first time ever posting on any type of forum.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

G

So I finally got it up and running . Not 100% sure exactly what I did but its working. I'm still having a few problems tho. Like the power button on the motherboard itself does nothing, same thing with the power and reset buttons on the case. If i want to turn the computer off I have to flick the switch on the PSU which is really annoying and cant be good for the computer. Any input at all would be welcome on this issue.