First time building new computer. Suggestions?

hcy226

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hi all, first off, here's a link to the build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hN2U

I was wondering if someone could take a look at it and offer some suggestions. It is my first time putting together a custom PC, and it'd be great to get some input, perhaps with replacement parts that are the same quality and lower price!

Specifically, this computer will be for gaming, so I'm primarily concerned about GPU, CPU, and RAM (I believe this is correct...?). I would potentially like to be able to stream games online, as well as play very demanding games without hitches.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

hcy226

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
First off, thanks for responding! (Also, the 2nd link in your first reply doesn't work for me. Not sure if it's the same for you)

So, just a few questions.

CPU- The one you suggested is an older (albeit extremely slightly) model. Is there enough of a performance difference with the new 4670k that would be noticeable? It is only a 20 dollar difference, and would allow me to transition to newer parts in the future with more ease right?

Mobo- In order to use the 4670k, I think I need a Mobo with a 1150 socket (if I understand how that works correctly). The one you suggested lists that it uses a 1155? Does that mean it's not compatible? The only reason I'm concerned is because I am worried about future upgrades. If future CPU's continue to use 1150 and 1155 (assuming they're different compatibilities), I would need to upgrade a mobo in addition to the CPU in the future, and a 26 dollar difference now (due to promotional code) would end up being cheaper than needing to replace both parts in the future, correct?

GPU- Your suggestion seems to hit the spot perfectly. I looked up this website http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/introducing-the-geforce-gtx-760 and found benchmarks for the one I have listed and the one you suggested, and it doesn't seem to differ enough to warrant a 150 dollar difference in price.

So yea, further assistance would be great! I could be wrong in what I have come to understand about your suggestions and these parts, since I only recently starting learning and researching about parts.

Thanks again!

hcy226

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

Ooooh okay. Would you suggest replacing anything with equivalents? Or am I in a good place?

hcy226

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I see. Thanks!

I've also read some things about RAM needing to be low profile for certain situations...? What's the deal with that? Not sure if I need to worry about it.