No bios/motherboard logo and no access to boot menu

Kay11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hello. I've built my computer recently and i have a problem with it.

Spec:

CPU: AMD A10 5800K Black Edition 3.8GHz Socket FM2 4MB L2 Cache

Mobo : FM2-A85XA-G65 ( MSI )

Rams: Corsair XMS 4x2GB DDR3 1600

PSU: Club 3d 80plus bronze 700w

Hdd: 500gig

Standard dvd-rw

GPU: club 3d radeon hd 7800

All connectors is in place.

Then i start my computer, it loads a bit, shows the connection on screen "dvi" and after that black screen. All fans are spining (CPU/CHASIS/GPU/PSU).

I cant get to boot menu and the strange thing is i dunnot see the bios/pc spec/boot menu on startup, tried pressing "DEL" "F2" "F10" nothing.

The beeper is working fine, removed rams and launched pc started to beep, inserted back no beeps on launch.

Tried to place rams 1 by 1 in every slot. Nothing changing.

CPU was replaced many times, still nothing.

Please help.

Kay11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I've tried using mouse clicking /moving, keyboard every key. still nothing. my screen is standard led, not touchscreen.

I've tested my screen on diffrent pc, working in order.

This was the source of my best guess - http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/FM2-A85XA-G65.html. I didn't have the time to read it thoroughly buy you might fish some information from it. I'm surprised its manual doesn't share the secret.

Kay11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I've double checked the components with mobo and it seems, im good with them. Cpu refered me to drivers, downloaded and added to usb but still nothing ( no boot ). Its complete nightmare...

I seem to have misunderstood - I thought you couldn't access BIOS but re-reading, it seems you get no splash screen or any indication the system is running. I'm beginning to suspect the graphics output, the cable to the monitor or maybe more likely, the screen itself. Is it up to the weight of your new system? Have you a television to connect it to as an experiment?

Kay11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Yes i got no input on screen, only "dvi" connection on top left corner and then goes black, monitor button is on blue, so it doesnt get to sleep mode. . Monitor is working fine as i tried on other pc. I've have 2 GPU both are new, tried them both still same and on both pci-e slots. Cable was used with monitor on my working pc so its not faulty. I cant figure it out, where the problem lurks.... Can it be "hdd" ? Dont have tv for use, but as i said, Monitor works on my other pc

My concern was that the new system might be out of range for an older monitor. If he problem was in the hard disk or the system, there would be some form of indicator that all is not well. Have you tried Safe Mode? That outputs a basic screen resolution - might tell us something.

Here's where we hope you aren't using Windows 8 because that's a lot harder. Safe mode in any earlier version of Windows is accessed by tapping the Function 8 key as you power up the machine. Theoretically in Windows 8, Shift and Function 8 together brings it up but it rarely does and you would normally wait until the system detects a problem and offers you troubleshooting options. I doubt that will happen in your case because I think the system is working fine - just not displaying.

Sorry - missed that part. Is there a DVD in the drive set to install Windows and if so, does it spin up and continue spinning until you shut down? I'm still trying to ascertain whether the system is working in the background but just can't be seen.

Kay11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
then i insert windows 7 disc, i restart pc and i can hear it spining for some time, like 30sec-1min after that nothing. Ive done many times so. The disc doesnt feel warm as it should be, even a bit.

I think you're in for a fun time with this one. Start by removing one RAM stick at a time to see if the remaining stick(s) work any better on their own. If that fails, it's heatsink off and CPU out for reseating and check the thermal paste is evenly spread. Particularly reseat the graphics card even though I'm sure you've done that a dozen times. If you can RMA it and get a replacement, do so although your experience with the DVD spinning only for a short while seems to indicate graphics might be working.

Sorry we're going nowhere on this - a different sub-Forum (new builds or similar) may have drawn more suggestions. I'll see if I can invite some folks over and if not, I'll move the thread and PM you the link.

Kay11

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Monitor doesn't flash if i leave rams 1 in blue 1 black, but if i leave 2 in blue or black it flashes "dvi" and goes same ( black ). Monitor doesn't flash then only 1 ram is inserted. Cpu was replaced and i added thermal paste not to much ( artic silver 5 high density polysynthetic silver thermal compound ). GPU was replaced to other PCI-E slot, tried using diffrent cable VGA-VGA+DVI ( adapter ), tried with hdmi-hdmi. Rma wont be available for me as they'r bought cheap without receipts and all of the components was in sealed boxes. Im guessing my CPU is trying to have some fun with me, as it doesnt proccess any actions and thats why im getting nothing appearing on screen. Possible ?

want to add CPU doesnt POST without heatsink it shut down within 10-15sec

Now I'm just worried if anything I said implied you should even try that one!!! The two sticks in blue slots have to match each other perfectly and also with the black otherwise Dual Ram is ineffective.

I'm moving this thread to the Windows 7 sub-Forum for better ideas than any of mine - gf which there should be plenty. :D