Newegg pulling deals

chargeit

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Ugh, I was set to order a Fx-8320 from Newegg tomorrow, it's had a 15 dollar off promo that was set to end 7/22. Cool, right?

So, I check the site a little while ago, toss that sucker in my cart, thinking "Yea, ordering tomorrow". Mess around some, and then check back... Deals gone, wtf?

So, here it is 7/18 and a deal that was suppose to last until 7/22 is no more. Is this common? I thought I've noticed it happen before, but, I wasn't sure of it until just now.

Yes, I am still going to buy it, though, before the deal I was happy with the idea of getting a FX-6300. Now, fast forward a few days, and I can't imagine getting less... Fing benchmarks.

I have to mention, I feel cheap for this. Every part of me wants to say screw'em and buy from somewhere else, even if it costs a few bucks more... But, they ship so damned quick, and, if I want that sob within the next week or two, sure as hell can't order from Amazon.

-_- So happy I'll be done with this build in a few days. Watching Newegg prices makes me sick.

*how the hell do I post something that isn't considered a question?

Solution
Usually for popular items those deals will only last until supplies last or for a certain quantity. It is usually written in fine print somewhere, it unlucky you missed it, but it happens.

CrushIce

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Usually for popular items those deals will only last until supplies last or for a certain quantity. It is usually written in fine print somewhere, it unlucky you missed it, but it happens.

Solution

chargeit

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

Yea, figured it was something like that. Still, can't help but feeling it in the rear you know. Been mostly lucky with my deals, makes sense that I'd get burnt on the last part. Isn't that the way.

Could always try calling or going into the online chat with a rep. and ask them to honor the sale price as advertised -- Never hurts to try and many times they will give you the lower price or at least offer some sort of discount to still get the sale. Also for future reference what I usually do if the deals are going to end before I get paid or it says while supplies last etc. I'll go ahead and order and choose the pay by check or money order option (doing this they process the sale and honor the price for 10 days while waiting for your check or money order to arrive in the mail which buys you several days without having to worry about missing the deal.)

EDIT : Just checked and the Promo code is still working here - so they should honor the discount for you - here is a pic of the cart with code and showing discount (it does specify you have to be signed up for the e-mail newsletter so perhaps you unchecked that box - which would turn off the discount ! :
newegg_zps13a140ba.jpg

chargeit

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

chargeit

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Caught it with deal.

I did check back later and it was 175 (Highest I've seen it on Newegg). Lol, really. Now, back down to 160.

Good thing I caught that sucker as soon as I woke up while it was still 145... Now, I wait.

*Deals back up.