Question about FPS

What frames per second do you want to achieve or prefer?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40-60

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • above 60

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

MadDog215

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2012
Almost every PC gamer in youtube gave bad comments to the next gen consoles, they were like 30 fps is so unplayable and telling that anybody who plays on consoles are peasants. So, I did test the out by limiting my PC in 30 fps and also did 60 fps. They say that 60 fps gives more detail, but what I realized in gaming 30 fps it gives off a movie-like feel and also lights and lens flare are more visible. What I don't get is if 60 fps gives more detail, then why does light looks more noticeable and focused on 30 fps and has a film feel?

Wormegg

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
I don't find that fps changes the visual quality at all. I however can't play on under 60, because I find the camera movement to be very distracting. If I can't get 60 in a game, I lower the settings.

A framerate of 30 (no lower) is good, as long as it's consistent and the game has motion-blur (hides the tearing and lower framerate). I prefer 40 as a minimum, but I don't mind capping the framerate at 35 or even 30 if the game has motion-blur (like the Crysis series).

However, if the game doesn't feature motion-blur, 60+Vsync is the only option for me...