Fps increase gaming

well all u gain is the overclock as the i5 even tho the lower end one u have is still very similar in gaming performance to the i7 if anything if ur on a budget just get the 4670 or same gen ur current board will take but there will be a increase.

Is ur cpu at 100% use and gpu not? i mean then there will not be a huge increase unless ur 2.8ghz cpu is bottlenecking it

Billiam1391

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2013
My GPU is running at 100% from what I know because I'm running eyefinity. I am thinking of upgrading graphics too Maybe a next gen card or cross fore my current one.

As someone else stated, you should look at getting the i5-4670k instead of the i7-4770k. The i7 has Hyper Threading (HT), but games don't take advantage of it so there is no point in buying an i7 CPU.

The difference in performance will depend on the game itself. Some games do benefit from a more powerful CPU, but some games don't. For example, BioShock and Tomb Raider will not care. However, if you play Crysis 3, Metro 2033 / Last Light, Hitman Absolution, Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer), Skyrim then you should be able to measure some level of increase in FPS when using a program like MSI Afterburner.

Upgrading the HD 7950 will get you even better performance unless it's a sidegrade or a downgrade.

Billiam1391

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2013
So you'd suggest a better 7950 then I have at the moment I have the vtx 7950 x edition at the moment or the same. I play bf3 online alot and upgrading so I can get as much fps on high setting on bf4 when it comes out.

TRENDING THREADS