blue scrreen need help plz

miky31619

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Hi I have a gateway pc, windows 7, AMD phenom2 x4 I get a blue screen before my pc loads up with the error code 0x0000000f4 then pc restarts and says scanning drivers .....warning:' something is wrong with your hardware' I cannot go into any of the safe modes either

RealBeast

Titan
You will probably need to boot from an install (or system repair) disk. Before that though, run memtest86 from HERE to insure that your memory is not the issue. Just download the iso and create a CD to start up from, and let it run through a few passes. You also may want to try resetting the bios if the memory is okay.

miky31619

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

hi realbeast thnx for the reply but myproblem is that i get the bluescreen before windows 7 boots up i cant even boot windows up in safe mode so i cant use memtest86

RealBeast

Titan
Memtest does not run in windows -- if it will not run from a CD as the startup then you have a significant hardware issue.

You have to download memtest and create a CD from the downloaded image, then insert it in the CD/DVD drive and startup from that disk instead of your HDD.