Tom's Hardware's AMA With Qualcomm, In Its Entirety

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
You know, i really didn't like this AMA. They were simply regurgitating marketing speak.

I asked them about binary translation for x86 (something like what Intel does with ARM for Android), they didn't even answer, or acknowledge that i had asked.

Even all they answers they DID give, weren't very interesting.

Quite unlike Asus and CM. I think it's simply because Qualcomm isn't an enthusiast company, they go into phones and tablets. Only PC manufacturers and vendors are transparent about what they do.

Mobile is just a closed down system. :(

Long live the PC!

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

+1
They are giving the similar answers to every question. I expected better.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah that has to be the most boring AMA, the whole thing just sounds like a bot throwing out generalised answers to every question. I mean they couldnt even be bothered to answer half the questions and just linked to other material, we could have just used google for that

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Q. Do you see yourselves entering into competitive x86-64 space in the future?

A. Qualcomm modems support the latest communication technologies, including the latest advancements in LTE. With the introduction of Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Qualcomm is shipping its 3rd generation LTE modem and was first to launch LTE Advanced with Carrier Aggregation (CA), a key feature that effectively doubles data rates for typical LTE users up to a peak data rate of 150 Mbps. Technologies like CA and other LTE-A features such at heterogeneous networks will help bring the LTE experience to the next level.

I believe the question was about whether Qualcomm is going to produce x86-64 processors, not whether they are advancing LTE.

Cataclysm_ZA

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

They definitely had someone copy-pasta those answers. Way to fail, Qualcomm!

anything4this

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Tom's, can you please ask for R&D to speak next time? We want more technical info, not marketing crap. I like the idea of AMA's on here though, fun stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.