What heatsink should I buy?

Kerri Dovale

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
So these are my computer specs to begin with:

nfl26r.png

Now my heatsink fan is annoyingly loud when I'm gaming. It drives me insane! I've seen many people having this problem with this stock heatsink.

So basically, I was wondering...What heatsink should I get that isn't wildly priced. I want it to be quiet and to bring my temperatures down. I don't want water cooling. Also what would fit my motherboard. I'm so confused on what I should be looking for.

Here are the temperatures of my computer currently.

w85m41.png

Please help!

Ps. I live in the UK, so UK websites please.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
If you're not overclocking and/or you have a small case (I was 1.5cm short of being able to have a 212 Evo fit in my desktop), get the tx3 evo. I had the same issue as you, as well as the same CPU. Changed to the TX3 Evo and I'm chuffed with it. Cost me £20 and works like a dream.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Take a ruler, measure the distance from the motherboard to the edge of your case. Subtract 1.5cm to account for the various bits 'n' bobs. That'll be the maximum height of a heatsink your case will accomodate for.

Use one fan. If it is still too loud, add another and lower their speed.

Kerri Dovale

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Well if I have done this correctly. I measured from my mobo [Left side of case] to the right side edge of my case and subtracted 1.5cm. I was left with 15.5cm. Would that accommodate? Also would it block any RAM slots?

Thank you for helping me with this.