Computer wont boot, fans and LED come on

Diallo_JAmal

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Recently installed a 2nd 4870x2 and have been fighting driver issues, where the 2nd video card would only sometimes be recognized, and only sometimes display on the 3rd monitor. I stopped fooling with it last week and let the computer run with only 1 video card being recognized. Weekend is here so I decided to start messing with it again.

I attempted to restart the computer but while the LEDs and fans will come on, the computer will not boot. The hdd access LED will blink for a second but goes out and stays out. Hardware wise I have an ASUS P6T board, i7 920, 950W PSU and 2x 4870x2, I recently replaced my 6GB of ram with 12GB and will try swapping that back, but since the comp worked fine video card issues aside I don't think this will yield much.

I've removed the 2nd video card, and have reset the mobo bios via a hardware switch on the motherboard, but have had no luck.

Any help you can lend in this matter would be appreciated.

Diallo_JAmal

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Athena Power AP-P4ATX95FEPC 950W EPS12V Ver. 2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

Worked like a champ since I got it in 2009. I knew I'd need to keep an eye on it once I got crossfire up and running and began gaming, but things had not gotten quite that far yet.

Diallo_JAmal

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah, I am headed to Best Buy now to pick up a 850W Thermaltake replacement. I am hoping this sorts it out.
Thanks all, and I will respond back to this thread if that fixes the issue.

Diallo_JAmal

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
No luck, When I power on the system it sounds as though all the fans, GPU, CPU, and case are going 100%, but no luck booting. I am guessing that this suggests the motherboard is the culprit?