First time building a Gaming PC (Diablo 3 Build)

Jul 20, 2013
Hi, im looking into getting a gaming PC that can specifically run Diablo 3 at Max setting on everything, full FPS, on everything, i want it to run smooth as it possibly can, but i have no idea where to begin. i would also like the price range to be relatively low as i can. I would also like to use it for other games, like Skyrim, GTA 4, maybe even final fantasy 14 and other games like those on max or close to it (if even possible with the build for diablo 3). i would like it to be upgradable too.

I would like help with the build, and all the parts I would need, help explaining stuff, this build would exclude the monitor, the hard drive, Mouse, and keyboard from the price,

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

speedy-MACHO

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
A good way to begin is to take a look at pcpartpicker.com . There you can select every component you want, and you get an idea of the price. Also, on the forum there are tons of examples and builds other people created. Check some other threads about building a pc on tom's hardware too. Once you get an idea of what components you need and how they fit together, write down the system requirements of your games, and look for corresponding components. For example, Diablo 3 needs at least 1.5 GB RAM, so 4GB would be more then enough. However, you can choose for 6 or 8GB to be able to play future games without upgrading it within 2 years or so.
I find the researching for components the hardest part, putting everything together is like playing with Lego.

I understand that you want to go as low as possible, but what is the price range you can go for. You can have even ranges between 400 dollars price difference like 300-700 dollars build. We need this as a reference point to select a good build for you. We need to know the maximum you can spend.

Anyways, this is the cheapest you can go without compromising any performance on current games. It can play these games at like Ultra at 40+ FPS. And it can also play more graphics intensive games at high with 30+ FPS always. So this is a very good build, something with a high performance/price ratio. I would recommend it to everyone who wants a cheap PC and does not want to spend a large sum of money. This build should be just fine.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.29 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($56.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($22.50 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.73 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $566.49
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-20 15:54 EDT-0400)

Jul 20, 2013

around 400-500, but at max i would spend 600 if i need to for skyrim with all those HD mods and stuff. but i would like to spend more once i want to upgrade it and learn more about building PCs

around 400-500, but at max i would spend 600 if i need to for skyrim with all those HD mods and stuff. but i would like to spend more once i want to upgrade it and learn more about building PCs

If that is the case then go for the build above. It is a very good build for the price. You would like it and it easily fits your needs as it can play those games at almost maxed out and still run the game smoothly. That is a very good build for the price.