Could my Graphics card be broken/fried?

patftw

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
A few days ago i bought a AMD Radeon HD6570 2GB to replace my integrated graphics card. So i first disabled my integrated graphics card and i plugged in my new graphics card then i turned my computer and it said that i should change the resolution to 1280X(i forgot the other number) so i turned off my computer by holding down the start button and i restarted it, but now it's just stuck on the Starting windows screen. On my screen it shows the starting window screen but if i wait a few seconds can hear the starting music so i think there is only something wrong with my graphics card. After looking at my PC i found out that my PSU only 250 Watts and it said the requirement for the graphics card is 400 Watts. When i remove the new graphics card everything works fine again. Im just wondering if my graphics card is broken/fried so if i have to replace the graphics card when i buy a new power supply.

Aeronautics

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
It is because the card is not supplied with the right amount of power. don't put it again unless you change your PSU into something like 450-500w. you might fry your card.

patftw

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
It gets stuck on somthing that starts with a p.sys (its after disk.sys i think) when i boot on safemode