  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 2, 2005 2:04:02 PM

Hi

I just purchased and installed version 3.1.0.30203
I went for the full install.
This all seemed to work.

(The instructions say I would be invited to run the config after install
but this did not happen.
I ran this later but it did not fix the issue.)

However when I click to run the program the video clip comes up but
afterwards my computer slows down and eventualy freezes!
I have tried ending the clip but the same thing happens.
I have not been able to run the proigram at all and have to crash out.
My system meets or exceeds all the requirments.
What could be wrong please?

--
Mike on the south coast of the UK

More about : microsofta combat flight simulat

September 3, 2005 6:11:04 PM

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> If reinstalling the game doesn't correct the issue, try this advice ...

Thanks Jimmy

I seem to already have the lasest drivers and software.
My PC is less than 4 months old.
I tried the game scanner and got these results!

System Scan Results
Congratulations! Your computer has sufficient performance to run Combat
Flight Simulator 3!
Note: The Game Advisor database does not currently contain specific graphics
card feature requirements for this game (such as T&L support, pixel shader
version, etc.). Please verify that your graphics card meets the requirements
set by the publisher.

My System Specifications
Processor Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz
Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Memory 1024MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 182.86GB
Display Card Memory 256MB
Display Driver Version 7.1.2.4
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive CD/DVD
Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio

Why my system just stops responding I can't understand.
I have also tried a clean boot but still the game does not start.
Plays the video, the screen with the pilots faces comes up, the hour glass
shows then the system locks up :-(

Seems a lot of fuss to get a program to run.

Mike
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:48:40 PM

Hi Mike,

When you said:
| I seem to already have the latest drivers and software.
| My PC is less than 4 months old.

Did you say that because you installed up to date drivers
for your system, or because you assume that a new computer
will ship with the most up to date drivers pre-installed?

If the latter, you will need to update your drivers as most
computers ship with only the basic (legacy) drivers installed.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0732ED07-2BFD-43AA-9FB3-CDF876751A30@microsoft.com...

| --
| Mike on the south coast of the UK
|

| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Mike,
| >
| > If reinstalling the game doesn't correct the issue, try this advice ...
|

| Thanks Jimmy
|
| I seem to already have the lasest drivers and software.
| My PC is less than 4 months old.
| I tried the game scanner and got these results!
|
| System Scan Results
| Congratulations! Your computer has sufficient performance to run Combat
| Flight Simulator 3!
| Note: The Game Advisor database does not currently contain specific graphics
| card feature requirements for this game (such as T&L support, pixel shader
| version, etc.). Please verify that your graphics card meets the requirements
| set by the publisher.
|

| My System Specifications
| Processor Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz
| Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6200
| Memory 1024MB
| Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
| Free Disk Space 182.86GB
| Display Card Memory 256MB
| Display Driver Version 7.1.2.4
| DirectX Version 9.0c
| Optical Drive CD/DVD
| Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio
|
| Why my system just stops responding I can't understand.
| I have also tried a clean boot but still the game does not start.
| Plays the video, the screen with the pilots faces comes up, the hour glass
| shows then the system locks up :-(
|
| Seems a lot of fuss to get a program to run.
|
| Mike
September 3, 2005 9:48:41 PM

Hi

Well I ran the 'update driver' from device manager.
It said it could find nothing newer.
I also looked at the Nevida web site and could not find one of a size I can
download with my very slow dial up.
20 mb is the size but this can't be a driver can it?

Are you sure this is a display problem?
The installation instructions say that after set up I would be asked to
config my dispaly, this did not happen.
I did run the config later and it said everything was fine.

The problem I have is that the game never starts, my computer just stops
responding, even ctrl alt delete does not work!

Thanks for any help.
--

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> When you said:
> | I seem to already have the latest drivers and software.
> | My PC is less than 4 months old.
>
> Did you say that because you installed up to date drivers
> for your system, or because you assume that a new computer
> will ship with the most up to date drivers pre-installed?
>
> If the latter, you will need to update your drivers as most
> computers ship with only the basic (legacy) drivers installed.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0732ED07-2BFD-43AA-9FB3-CDF876751A30@microsoft.com...
> |
> | --
> | Mike on the south coast of the UK
> |

> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Mike,
> | >
> | > If reinstalling the game doesn't correct the issue, try this advice ...
> |

> | Thanks Jimmy
> |
> | I seem to already have the lasest drivers and software.
> | My PC is less than 4 months old.
> | I tried the game scanner and got these results!
> |
> | System Scan Results
> | Congratulations! Your computer has sufficient performance to run Combat
> | Flight Simulator 3!
> | Note: The Game Advisor database does not currently contain specific graphics
> | card feature requirements for this game (such as T&L support, pixel shader
> | version, etc.). Please verify that your graphics card meets the requirements
> | set by the publisher.
> |

> | My System Specifications
> | Processor Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz
> | Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6200
> | Memory 1024MB
> | Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
> | Free Disk Space 182.86GB
> | Display Card Memory 256MB
> | Display Driver Version 7.1.2.4
> | DirectX Version 9.0c
> | Optical Drive CD/DVD
> | Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio
> |
> | Why my system just stops responding I can't understand.
> | I have also tried a clean boot but still the game does not start.
> | Plays the video, the screen with the pilots faces comes up, the hour glass
> | shows then the system locks up :-(
> |
> | Seems a lot of fuss to get a program to run.
> |
> | Mike

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:57:06 AM

Hi Mike,

Yes, your display drivers could be the cause of this,
and Yes the driver downloads are quite large. Try
updating them using my instructions. Good luck! :-)

--

"Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5D2F91A-CB97-4AA1-9961-C53F23D5FFA3@microsoft.com...
| Hi
|
| Well I ran the 'update driver' from device manager.
| It said it could find nothing newer.
| I also looked at the Nevida web site and could not find one of a size I can
| download with my very slow dial up.
| 20 mb is the size but this can't be a driver can it?
|
| Are you sure this is a display problem?
| The installation instructions say that after set up I would be asked to
| config my dispaly, this did not happen.
| I did run the config later and it said everything was fine.
|
| The problem I have is that the game never starts, my computer just stops
| responding, even ctrl alt delete does not work!
|
| Thanks for any help.
| --
| Mike on the south coast of the UK
|

| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Mike,
| >
| > When you said:
| > | I seem to already have the latest drivers and software.
| > | My PC is less than 4 months old.
| >
| > Did you say that because you installed up to date drivers
| > for your system, or because you assume that a new computer
| > will ship with the most up to date drivers pre-installed?
| >
| > If the latter, you will need to update your drivers as most
| > computers ship with only the basic (legacy) drivers installed.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0732ED07-2BFD-43AA-9FB3-CDF876751A30@microsoft.com...
| > |
| > | --
| > | Mike on the south coast of the UK
| > |
| > |
| > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
| > |

| > |
| > |
| > | Thanks Jimmy
| > |
| > | I seem to already have the lasest drivers and software.
| > | My PC is less than 4 months old.
| > | I tried the game scanner and got these results!
| > |
| > | System Scan Results
| > | Congratulations! Your computer has sufficient performance to run Combat
| > | Flight Simulator 3!
| > | Note: The Game Advisor database does not currently contain specific graphics
| > | card feature requirements for this game (such as T&L support, pixel shader
| > | version, etc.). Please verify that your graphics card meets the requirements
| > | set by the publisher.
| > |
| > |
| > | My System Specifications
| > | Processor Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz
| > | Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6200
| > | Memory 1024MB
| > | Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
| > | Free Disk Space 182.86GB
| > | Display Card Memory 256MB
| > | Display Driver Version 7.1.2.4
| > | DirectX Version 9.0c
| > | Optical Drive CD/DVD
| > | Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio
| > |
| > | Why my system just stops responding I can't understand.
| > | I have also tried a clean boot but still the game does not start.
| > | Plays the video, the screen with the pilots faces comes up, the hour glass
| > | shows then the system locks up :-(
| > |
| > | Seems a lot of fuss to get a program to run.
| > |
| > | Mike

September 4, 2005 7:12:02 AM

Hi Jimmy

I get a time out error when trying, my connection is only 28.8kbs dialup.
My current drivers are dated 15/12/2004 this is much later than the game I
am trying to run.
I feel the software is at fault!
I will wait and see what MS say as I have submitted a request to them.
But if they start along the "change your whole system" route then I will
just take the software back for a refund after all it was only £20.

My old MS Combat Sim runs fine as does everything else I have.
MS own scan says I have one of ther top 18 computers tro run the software.
The fact that it does not ask for any config after install leads me to think
its a duff set.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Mike
--

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Yes, your display drivers could be the cause of this,
> and Yes the driver downloads are quite large. Try
> updating them using my instructions. Good luck! :-)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5D2F91A-CB97-4AA1-9961-C53F23D5FFA3@microsoft.com...
> | Hi
> |
> | Well I ran the 'update driver' from device manager.
> | It said it could find nothing newer.
> | I also looked at the Nevida web site and could not find one of a size I can
> | download with my very slow dial up.
> | 20 mb is the size but this can't be a driver can it?
> |
> | Are you sure this is a display problem?
> | The installation instructions say that after set up I would be asked to
> | config my dispaly, this did not happen.
> | I did run the config later and it said everything was fine.
> |
> | The problem I have is that the game never starts, my computer just stops
> | responding, even ctrl alt delete does not work!
> |
> | Thanks for any help.
> | --
> | Mike on the south coast of the UK
> |

> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Mike,

> | > Did you say that because you installed up to date drivers
> | > for your system, or because you assume that a new computer
> | > will ship with the most up to date drivers pre-installed?
> | >
> | > If the latter, you will need to update your drivers as most
> | > computers ship with only the basic (legacy) drivers installed.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> | > _________________________________________________________
> | >
> | > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0732ED07-2BFD-43AA-9FB3-CDF876751A30@microsoft.com...
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:06:36 AM

Are there any settings you can access before the video boots? maybe you
could change the performance it takes at that point.

--
Glennw
Glennw's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=8644

Hi Glenn

No, no settings are there.
The video starts then ends, the screen with the pilots faces comes up.
The hour glass shows then my system grinds to a hault.
--

!