Which is better Pendrive or Portable Hard disk

TigerKingX

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013
I am confused between Pen-drive and portable hard disk.:??:
I will use pen-drive for installing new operating systems. And attach to TV for watching movies. I think minimum 4gb pen-drive is required for installing Windows 7, 8, and Ubuntu, fedora, Linux, etc. But I decided to go for SanDisk Extreme 32 GB USB 3.0, but how much storage is required I cant decide that.
And another thing is that in India this SanDisk Extreme 32 GB USB 3.0 will cost about 3000 rs ($50). At this price I will get External Hard disk 500 GB USB 3.0.
But when installing new operating system will it cause any problem with External Hard disk. I use rufus for installing new OS and it formats the drive first and then install OS on drive. And for watching movies my TV (LG LS4600 32 inch) can support up to 500 GB.
And pen-drive is much portable than external hard disk.
So anyone can solve my problem. And suggest me better option and product to buy. I will buy any of this in this week.
Or is there any other kind portable thing that is coming near future like usb or external hard disk.
:)

TigerKingX

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2013

Please read my post and give me solution.
And I was first going to buy pen-drive but my friend told me at this price you will get more storage in external hard disk.
But if I use external hard disk then while installing new os through pendrive rufus software will format my external hard disk. So any solution or should I buy pen-drive only.

I've never used rufus, so can't tell you how much space it will occupy. A win7 install will fit on a 32gig pen drive. The hard drive is cheaper per gigabyte. You should be able to install windows from either of these as long as your motherboard supports booting from USB.

TRENDING THREADS