Report: Specs for Made-in-USA Moto X Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
These smartphone specs are inching ever so close to my laptop's specs. Wow tech.

2Gigs of ram is matched already. When 2.2GHz dual core drops in, I'm done for.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
"These smartphone specs are inching ever so close to my laptop's specs. Wow tech.

2Gigs of ram is matched already. When 2.2GHz dual core drops in, I'm done for."
Yeah, but ghz doesn't mean much.When they're all at 1.8 ghz, the intel core i5 3317u is twice as fast as a celeron, which is at least twice as fast as this dual core soc. Architecture and speed are equally important.

Sorry if I sounded preachy.

Fox_

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Yeah I know GHz aren't everything, an i7 clocked at 2.2 would destroy the 800. But just throwing it out there that a quad core 2.2 - 2.3 ARM SoC exists.

halcyon

Splendid
The only thing about this phone that is remotely enticing to me is the 'made in the USA' part. That might be meaningful to some perspective owners. Otherwise, I can't see why one would want this as opposed to an S4 Mini or a One Mini...but choices are good.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Your chip doesn't have to just exist...It has to be shipping 4-6 months before an OEM's product is coming out. This is why the T4 isn't in Nexus7 R2. It wasn't shipping until July. You can't launch a product in August when the soc is shipping in July get it?

S800 would have had to be shipping 4+ months ago to make it into this phone. Only google has made a device in under 5 months AFAIK. It took 4.5 or so from chip at the doorstep to nexus 7 coming out with T3. I hope Nexus 10r2 keeps to the Nov schedule as that will mean it could have T4 inside :) I really want Nexus10r2 with T4 otherwise it's looking like I'll have to buy HP, Asus or Toshiba. I prefer a GOOGLE device for the OS updates. If they use snapdragon I will be royally pissed as they have no game optimizations and I want my tablet for gaming with a gamepad out to TV.

I have no intention of buying a next gen console. I'll take a tablet this year and T5 Shield next year to get my PC's Maxwell GPU to TV (assuming Q1 on maxwell, after that I'll get shield's next rev to get it to my TV) and occasional portable gaming out of the house with android. Heck they got some good games coming I'll want to play even from android on the TV I suppose. I'm guessing next years version will be 1080p T5. No consoles past xbox360 for me.

I'm kind of shocked this phone is only 1.7ghz though. If it's a dual core why isn't this 2.3ghz or something? This is too slow. I'd rather wait for a T4i quad a9r4. It's 1/2 the size of Tegra3 and will blow it away in both gpu and cpu not to mention having great battery life. A dual core S4 (S600 based?) in a FLAGSHIP model @1.7ghz?? Seriously? FAIL. These better be $200, as T4i is aimed at $100-200 phones and seems to blow this way. The only thing good here is 10m camera.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/21/att-moto-x/
This thing gets some awful scores. This is no flagship and they're supposedly spending 500million to market it? It will take that much to sell any of these...LOL. T4i should beat this in just about everything and be far less money. It looks like they'll be slapping a $450-550 price on this (more?). I'm unimpressed. Galaxy S4 has been out for 4 months and this is slower. A flagship at this point should have at least an S600 quad core.

turtile

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
From what I've read, it will be a quad core. It's 2 x Dual Core 1.7 Ghz on one chip. Unlike a quad core, it has two Adreno 320 on chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.