USB pwer issue WD&Hitachi External HD?

Serjdd

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Hi,i'm a total newb here and from kind of a log time ago my computeris having issues with the USB connected external HD...

i have a 250gb WD and a Hitachi 320gb and none of those are connecting,they don't show up in the terminal when i enter the command to list the available drives,they don't pop up when i connect them...

both drives do seem to turn on for both have the lights on...but what happens when i connect them is that they just start clicking and do not ever connect

This only happens with those two external devices,since i plug my phone and a keyboard

However,if i plug them into any other computer from my house,the drives will work just fine,i tried them both in an old notebook and a regular desktop pc...

does that have anything to do with my machines USB Ports not providing enough energy to the drives?is there a way to fix that by changing the usb ports?

thanks in advance

Gaurav D

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah it could be... Try Always to Plug HDD/PDs n USB drives directly on Motherboard (As it provides Best power to drives).

OR there might be some problem with Windows . So try reinstalling windows by taking back up or recover it.