- I'll be using it for gaming, editing and rendering.
- I will be overclocking.
- I want it to be future proof as much as possible, hence the i7 processor.
- Might add another 780 in the future
Now with those in mind, my questions are:
1) Is the power supply enough? or should I go for 1000W instead to be safe?
2) Is this liquid cooler good enough knowing that I'll be OCing? is there a better one?
3) Do I really need a Sound Card / Wired network adapter for gaming?
4) How long will the CPU last knowing that I'll be overclocking it (probably to 4.5 GHz)
5) Do I need to get specific case fans? or are the regular fans that comes with the Corsair 800D good enough?
What would you change if you want the best future proof build for less than 2500$? If you are changing something such as the motherboard please let me know the reason.
Overall great build. I like it.
My only concern is the sound card. Unless you have some kind of high-end speakers, the quality of it will be wasted. What speakers will you be using?
Also, do you really need the 800D? Those high-end cases are usually meant for people who needs room to do their own custom water cooling loop. You can make do with a mid-tower. It will be smaller, cheaper and gets the job done,
1. 850w is enough for both overclocking and SLI.
2. The H100i is a great AoI liquid cooler for its price. If you want the best one, the Swiftech H220 is a beast.
3. I commented on the Sound Card above. You don't need a wired network adapter. The on-board motherboard one is good enough.
4. It should last a couple of years.
5. The stock fans should be enough, though I question if you'll really need such a high-end case.
Hey, thanks for replying. I don't use speakers, I'm a headphone user.
I have the budget for the 800D and I'm actually getting a discount on it (Buying it from a shop in my city). It's such a high quality case, main reason is the great air flow as I wanna avoid overheating, and the space is great for cable management, not the mention that it looks cool. But I'm open minded so if you got something you would recommend then share with us
The Steelseries Siberia is very comfortable, I can wear it for a whole day and it wont hurt my ears. I don't use the mic that comes with it though, so getting a headphone would be a good idea actually. I need one that is comfortable to wear, but I don't know any good headphones, any recommendations?