Windows 8 no signal detected after logo!

Aeronautics

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Well, first of all, this is not a GPU problem nor any hardware problem because I've already tested all the other parts with the different HDD so it's a software issue definitely.

Recently, my computer boots normally and I don't have any issues but this past few days, my computer occasionally locks up after the windows 8 logo. after loading, the monitor shows no signal detected. What could be the problem? I've even tried booting to safe mode but that's all. When I try to boot again in normal mode it will just stop after the loading screen.

My rig is in my signature, just look. No settings in the bios have been altered, it just suddenly went that way and I don't know why the monitor suddenly shows that freaking words.

Solution
Please check the CPU heat sink. If it is not properly seated or has picked up lot of dust the CPU will overheat and instantly shut off your PC. This happened to me several times as I use Core 2 duo E4500 CPU in an Intel 945GCNL motherboard. Since the motherboard or the CPU nor the built it GPU is meant for Windows 8, it generates excess heat. So I have to fix a heavy heat sink and lots of heat sink grease. After shutting off instantly at least 25 times, the windows 8 is working fine for me, The best part with windows 8 is, that it does not need a backup or a disk and it retains the basic Windows 8 OS and repairs the software from within, whatever way the programme is corrupted.

partha1955

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Please check the CPU heat sink. If it is not properly seated or has picked up lot of dust the CPU will overheat and instantly shut off your PC. This happened to me several times as I use Core 2 duo E4500 CPU in an Intel 945GCNL motherboard. Since the motherboard or the CPU nor the built it GPU is meant for Windows 8, it generates excess heat. So I have to fix a heavy heat sink and lots of heat sink grease. After shutting off instantly at least 25 times, the windows 8 is working fine for me, The best part with windows 8 is, that it does not need a backup or a disk and it retains the basic Windows 8 OS and repairs the software from within, whatever way the programme is corrupted.

Solution