Royal baby is named George Alexander Louis

kimojohn258

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
On Wednesday, that royal name was conferred on Britain’s 2-day-old royal baby by his oldsters, blue blood William and Catherine, noblewoman of Cambridge, the previous Kate dramatist. though the completely trendy royal couple selected a completely trendy thanks to distribute the news — via Twitter — “Prince George” is as old-school because it gets.

No fewer than six British kings have borne the name “George”; additionally, its personal symbolism for William created it a visible decide for months in dissipated pools across the country. The last King martyr was George VI, William’s great-grandfather, whose brave battle with a speech impediment once he genetic the throne once his brother’s abdication was dramatized within the Oscar-winning film “The King’s Speech.”

And let’s face it. “Charming” was most likely ne'er extremely within the combine.

“It’s a powerful name. ‘Prince martyr of Cambridge’ sounds smart, terribly resonant with the queen’s family,” aforesaid Charles master, editor of Debrett’s baronage & Baronetage.

The length of the name, however, seemed to be one thing of a nod to the twenty first century — despite the “HRH” ahead of it. Four names, not three, Kidd said, have “become the quality norm for members of the house in recent generations.” William has four, as will his father, Charles. thus by royal standards, “George Alexander Louis” is comparatively compendious.

“Louis,” royal-watchers aforesaid, was picked a minimum of partly as a tribute to Joe Louis Mountbatten, Charles’s beloved uncle, World Health Organization was killed once associate degree Irish Republican Army bomb blew up his boat in 1979. “Louis” is additionally one amongst William’s names.

The BBC speculated that “Alexander” might are a preference on the dramatist facet. it's conjointly common in European nation, that had 3 medieval kings named Alexander.

It took Charles and Diana, patrician of Wales, a decent week to call William. therefore the sit up for the latest heir’s name — blue blood martyr, if you haven’t detected, was born weekday — was relatively short. Here, the naming of heirs may be a serious matter, with the monikers of British kings and queens process entire eras yet as periods of fashion, writing and design. assume Elizabethan literature and Victorian homes.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

What makes this baby so special? Can it fly? Does it shoot lasers?

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
I just find it odd that people get so obsessive over the luck of the f*ck. Its just a baby born into a wealthy family, and they made their wealth centuries ago. They dont really contribute anything besides tabloid fodder and some sense of British Nationalism.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
You sound like a complete moron by saying this stupidity.

As an Australian whilst I congratulate the British royal couple on their good fortune I would also like to add that this is a great time to tell the British that we wish to declare our country a free republic ...

Its time Australia was a republic ...

We want to chose our own leader ... we want to make our own constitution ... we are not interested in following the British Queen or country.

Enough Australians died in Gallipoli because the British commander threw our soldiers in as cannon fodder ... and we will never forget it.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. We have nuclear weapons too.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I agree with you 100% on this.Let Australia have their independency now.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

What do you think about the Royal Baby Marv?

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!!

If we were a republic we wouldn't have the Whitlam dismissal.

Whitlam. Clearly knew what he was doing.

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

Who do you think is the largest land owner in the world is?

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Sounds like you are jealous to me.

I loath and detest the snivelling peasants who drool over their monarch's spawn ... licking the feet of the oppressors.

I didn't vote for them so why am I paying to prop up the redcoats bankrupted tinpot empire?
$110,000 for flowers just for her residence for a start.

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/taxpayers-dig-deep-for-royal-flower-bill/story-e6frfkwi-1226016661251

Then there is the salary, travel, food, we seriously need to tell the poms to p!ss off.

This is severly exascerbated by our pathetic attempts to win the ashes I must say ... this is probably driving the bitterness.

When we can't beat the poms in cricket its bad ...

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

Marvin my musical friend what do you think Im jealous of? Seriously I would like your input on the Royal Larva.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

Its the Queen by a very large margin, the US gov isnt even in the top ten.

http://2012indyinfo.com/2012/05/08/who-owns-the-world-largest-landowner/

She "Owns" something like 12% of the planet.

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

BINGO!!!

Rey, there is a reason why yankess like OMG, mingo, and I revolted against the throne. Well, our forefathers mostly. But that is what happens when you piss off a bunch of rich, old white guys who don't wanna pay their taxes. You get the good ol' USA.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That is life my man.