Your funny online shopping stories!

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Hi!

This is just a thread for everyone to share thier experiences with online retailers! If you have a funny or remarkable story to share with the community, please post it here! I myself have a couple to share with you all to kick it off!

One time I was ordering a set of black and colour ink cartridges for my printer form an online retailer, that we shall call 'Bamason'. =P Anyway, when the cartridges arrive I found that even though I had only been charged for the one set, they had in fact sent me three sets!

My favourite time was when I was ordering my new mobo from Bamason, (An Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, for those who are interested) and the price was £130 odd. Anyway, 2 weeks later I still hadn't recieved the item, and so I phoned up Bamason and they apologised and offered me a full refund, which I accepted. I ended up ordering the mobo from 'Abuyer' instead. =) The funny thing is a couple of weeks after I recieved the mobo from Abuyer, my nieghbor came round with a package that had been delivered earlier for me while I was at work. It turned out to be the missing mobo! I kept it unopened in my room for a month, and after no contact from Bamason about the package, sold it on 'Abay' for a sweet £150!

So there are my two stories, what are yours?

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Lol! Thanks! When I saw the parcel I was confused becuase I hadn't actually ordered anything. I did think at the time, "could this be the missing mobo?" But then I thought, "Yeah, cus lifes just that kind." XD. Couldnt believe my eyes when I opened it.

Have you got any funny experiences?

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

hhhhhhh , no :/ . i have sad stories xD

about 6 months ago , i ordered an Dog Tag from J!NX Store for my friend , it was for 5 $

my friend still waiting for it till this day hhhhhhhhhhhhhh , but it's okay it's just an 5$ .

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Sorry for the late reply! I cant use my PC at home at the minute, (Long story) and so I had to wait until I got to work! =P

I think getting scammed on the net is a really horrible thing to happen in this day and age, I havnt really got any 'lots goods' stories, but I can remember ordering myself a pair of really expensive earphones that I found going cheap and it turned out they were fake. =-/ Still, at least I recieved them. Lol.

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

hhhhhhhhh yeah " at least You recieved them " xD

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Lol. Yeah, I wondered whether you'd catch the subtlety in that. XD

I can actually remeber a time when I ordered some fake scratch cards from abroad the once, but I never recieved them. But this was mainly due to customs confisticating them for 'legal reasons'. harumph. Some people just ahve no sense of humour. =)

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

hhhhhhhhhh :D , ya so true .

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

ohh , are you kidding :D , you'r rig BEAST hhhhh , wow that's too much buddy 32 GB of RAM O_O

GTX 670 SLI O_O

850W PSU O_O

that's too much , my mind can't handle this hhhhhhh .

How many FPS you get usually in games ? ( Battlefield 3 , ETC.... )

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Ha ha, cheers! Your rig is good though, I had something similar before I upgraded. =)

I know 32gb of RAM is alot, but I do ALOT of multi-tasking and use heavy programs like CAD alot, so. Lol. I think I average around 18gb Usage. =P

Battlefield 3 I normally average around 130 ish, but I have seen it go up to 180 at times. Crysis 3 runs well, average of ~80, and Bioshock infinite I average between 70-90. =) Tbh though I'm happy providing things run at 60. Cant really see a difference past that in my oppinion.

I went a bit overboard when I upgraded, I swapped pretty much everything out from my old rig, CPU, RAM, Mobo, PSU, SSD, Case, GPU (I actually had a gigabyte 670 but wanted two that were the same, so. Derp) I think the only thing's I actually have left from my origional rig is the disk drive and HDD. Rofl. I'm paying for it though, £75 a month until January next year. =)

Was it worth it? YES! No regrets at all.

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

that's Awesome buddy !! good CPU choice btw !! it's the best for multi-tasking work at that price :)

nice FPS :'( hhhhh , am getting in battlefield 3 ultra setting avg 75 FPS max 110 min 60
not bad for my rig :) .

good luck with yours buddy .

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Ha ha! Cheers! Same to you, good choice!
Yeah, the FX series of CPU cant really be contended with for multi tasking performance against price. I had an FX-8120 but then I upgraded to the 8350. It's an excellent choice for OC'ing as well!

Averaging 75 is quite good actually, I wouldnt be unhappy if I was getting that!

Good luck with yours too!

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

Actually , you can't beat an FX-8350 in overclocking !! Check this out !!

http://wccftech.com/amd-fx-8350-cracks-8-ghz-frequency/

my reaction when i saw it for the first time was like this !! :D hhhhh

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/surprised-long-neck-surprise-l.png