Exhaust fan very slow

Don Carlo Altavano

Honorable
May 23, 2013
So here is my noob question.
I have an Asus p8h61 m-Le 3.0 mother board and the exhaust fan works perfectly at around 1000rpm.
But suddenly, when I changed my motherboard to Asus p8z77-m PRO, my exhaust fan slowed down and works at around 500rpm.
So my question is, is there a way to control the fan speed at the boot section?

Or do I need to change my power supply?(I think no, because my PC consumpsion is only about 350W and I have 600W PSU)

BTW, my specs are i3-2120, Palit GT630 2gb, 2pcs 4 gig ram, 500hard drive sata. and the p8z77-m PRO motherboard. With an ORION PSU 600W

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
When you boot the computer spam the delete/esc/ whatever key the board says to go into the bios. When you are in the bios look for fan options, just search through the menus until you find something about performance or fans. Check if there are options to change the fan speed. If there are no specific fan speed options, try changing it to performance mode.

If that doesn't work or those options arent there try to download asus software from their website and see if fan expert (asus software) is compatible with your motherboard and use that to control fan speed.

If not, try to update your bios and see if you now have the fan options from your bios.