Error 500 when trying to post a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Randall

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Everytime I try to post a thread underneath the components section in hardware it redirects me to a page that says "ohoh error 500". It has done it twice in a row now and is quite frustrating. I have seen several other post listing that the problem was internal and external in some instances. I honestly don't know though which is why I am asking now.

I was getting a ton of errors from Tom's yesterday, I think their systems are being wacky right now. Give it some time and try again later.

Jesse Randall

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Hi, it has been about a week now and I am still experiencing the same exact problem. I am trying to post it under the grapics section now and it still does the exact same thing. I would really like some help because this is quite irritating.

I'm getting this sme error a lot too the last couple of days when trying to navigate using the 'notifications' and 'new updates' links that take me to news or forum topics I've added responses to:

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

I'm using IE 9 and Windows 7.

The errors are sporadic. Sometimes hitting refresh works. Other times hitting refresh just repeats the error.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
So far its been happening to me today with any thread whilst submitting a report. So I am unsure if the report does go through since instead of going to 404 saying that it was received, it just 500's.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

I visited...3 times yesterday, all a few hours apart, and it continued. Today, so far, I have had no 500 error pages. It was replicated by me trying to report any post, such as the many spam posts now occurring.

Jesse Randall

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

Hi. I am STILL having issues and can replicate it over and over again as it never seems to go through. Every time I try to post a thread relating to "GPU coolers" titled "Which manufacturer has the best GPU cooler?" in either the Graphics and Displays section or the Components section, it comes up with the "500 Oh Oh error". I am adding a poll as well to get an overall consensus and don't know if that is causing an issue. Also this is one of my first posted threads so i do not know if I am some how doing something incorrectly even though I highly doubt that since it is as straight forward as can be. Please help as I was the person to post this thread and have gotten almost zero help or guidance except from jpishgar. Thank you.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Asking the devs to take a look at this thread and investigate, specifically on the recurring issue you are having here, Jesse. Hopefully we'll have some insight as to why this is still happening. Please bear with while we research the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.