Catalyst Control Centre no longer works

munchkette

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I bought a new monitor (AOC i2367fh) to use with my ATI Radeon HD 4850 card. As the graphics card only has DVI ports and the monitor only had HDMI or VGA ports I bought a DVI to HDMI cable to connect them.

I plugged it in and expected to be up and running within a few clicks but almost 3 days on I have given up altogether with ATI and bought a cheap Nvidia gt 610 card to replace my graphics card as I just can't get the Catalyst control centre to work any more.

When I first connected the monitor I was getting the black box around the image which meant the image didn't fill the whole screen.

I went into Catalyst to try to sort out this problem but it wasn't detecting my monitor at all. When I clicked detect nothing happened and when I went to the settings screen there were no settings it said running at 0x0 resolution, refresh rate was blank no info reflecting the monitors settings at all.

I installed the monitors drivers and in control panel it correctly showed up as AOC 2367. When I tried to adjust the monitor settings in Catalyst the program would stop responding and when I closed it down it wouldn't open again unless I clicked on it from the desktop right click menu.

I thought perhaps I just needed to install the latest version of Catalyst - more fool me! I downloaded and installed the latest version and since then Catalyst does not load at all. I install it, the install log says everything installed successfully but Catalyst doesn't appear in my Windows tray or my desktop properties menu any more. I can't find a ccc.exe program on my computer at all.

I've tried uninstalling Catalyst via windows control panel, uninstalling with the Catalyst clean up tool, deleting all AMD/ATI catalyst folders on my computer, I've tried driver cleanup, registry cleaner, uninstalling all graphics drivers back to basic VGA and reinstalling from scratch but whatever I do I can't get Catalyst control centre back any more. I don't know what's happened.

I even had the AMD helpdesk remotely look at my PC but they couldn't fix it either and suggested I reinstall Windows 7 which I have no intention of doing.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Computer set up

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel i7 processor
4GB RAM
ATI HD Radeo 4850 graphics card

munchkette

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

No I wasn't able to get it working, I gave up altogether and bought a new graphics card by Nvidia instead. Which reminds me I must list my old card on ebay!

tozza

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

Oh well, CCC still doesn't work but the drivers still work?
That's all that really matters to me so i'm just not going to waste any more hours looking at how to fix it! :)