Next Galaxy Note Could Come in Three Different Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I thought 4.7" was a pretty ideal size for a usable phone IMHO. But as someone who uses their "phone" less and less, and their "mobile device" more and more, so long as I can carry the device, I'm not as concerned about how practical it is to hold up to my ear to use the phone feature.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
"Screen sizes listed are 5.5, 5.7 and 6 inches."
If it was 5, 8, 10 inch, I would understand, but this is just outrageous.
It doesn't even make sense from a marketing point of view with those models being so similar to each other in terms of size......
From a Consumer point of view, it's just gonna be more niche choices instead of a true great offering

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Bigger the better but I'm hoping its just not a stretched out S4, seems to have the same specs, they can do better than the S4. Flexable screen?? Still loving my Note 1 till this hits in September.

WingedRayeth

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I'd love a 10' version myself. I looked at the Galaxy Note 10.1 back when it came out, but I heard the Note 2 was so much more accurate with the pen input, I have been hoping for a tablet sized version of it since, but no dice so far.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I currently have the Galaxy Note II (rooted with custom ROM) and loving it. Very good battery life and screen size to boot. Now they are coming out with 6" which is going to be nice but I think it will be my max limit.

Anything bigger than 6" will be moving into tablet area and certainly would look funny to hold it against your face to use as a phone. I think what may happen the next generation phablets as screen gets even bigger folks will just use the bluetooth devices to make calls with. Imagine somebody walking around with a 10.1" "phone" against their face?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Last week at work, I held a Nexus 7 up to my ear, and pretended like I was taking a phone call. To my surprise, nobody even reacted as if something strange was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.