WTB Radeon HD 6950/6970

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBTTC

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hi, I'm looking at crossfire for my current Radeon HD 6950 2GB reference V1 (which can be flash to 6970). So I'm looking for either a 6970 reference (I want to water cool it) or a 6950 2GB reference which I can flash to 6970(unlock shaders) and water cool as well.

Since I need to water cool it because the spacing on my motherboard is tight between the PCI-e slots and I'm not Bill Gates, a reasonable price is preferred considering water blocks and such are not cheap! :(

Thanks

carowden

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
i have a friend that has a 6950 laying around. hes on the forums. ill get in touch with him and see what he would let it go for...also i dont think people would sell it cheaper just because youre gonna take the fan off and water cool it, but thats just my 2 cents. Ill keep you posted

PBTTC

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Thank you, and for the situation of asking for a good price I didn't intend for people to sell it cheaper because I want to water cool it, rather I would appreciate it if they help me out since I'm low on budget and had to find an alternate option instead of buying a new card even though the ladder with stock cooling or large coolers is almost impossible with my current board. I get what you mean though and appreciate your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.