Building Gaming Purpose Desktop PC

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
Right now, I'm planning to build a gaming purpose built Desktop PC which is able to perform at very high standards and run every game at least Very High or Maximum, also it must be future proof for a good considerable amount of years.

My budget is £800 - £1200, although I will only consider going over £1100 unless its worth it or is necessary, other than that my budget is more or less £800 - £1100 in total of everything included; including Monitors, Mouses, Keyboards, Hard Disk, etc.

This is what I have managed to come up with but it's over budget by a considerable amount due to the Graphics Card costing so much which is a shame.

Intel Core i7 4770K (Keep)
Asus Sabertooth Z87 (Keep)
Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3 - 12800) CL8 @15V Ballistix Tactical UDIMM 240pin
Western Digital WD4001FAEX 4TB HDD
Asus Geforce GTX 770
Acer G246HLBbid 24" LED Monitor
Aero Cool X-Predator Evil Green Gaming White
Coolmaster 720W Silent Pro M2 Modular
Turtle Beach Z6A
Razer Lycesa
Coolermaster CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II
ETS T40-TB CPU Cooler
Asus DRW 24D3ST

Note: Keep is ones I don't want to change but if you really want me to then give your reason, please.

Any where to bring down the overall price that's within my £1100 price range? Anything you'd suggest? Where have I gone wrong? Advice?

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013

The 'suggestions' I have can't work, because overall they cost way over my initial budget; it comes to around like, £1300 or more. They are just a benchmark and my first go and building a computer so I don't know how exactly to be more cost effective and I don't know what I am exactly looking for, for my needs, well I do for MY needs just don't know who to turn to for all different components.

This is my VERY first time trying to build myself a perfect future Gaming Desktop PC that's affordable and within my budget, which this isn't. I need to know, what to change to bring down the costs more.

This link may prove to be helpful (and fun) for tweaking and configuring a build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ If you'd like a suggested build, I'm sure we can accommodate but "play" there for a bit, see what you can do to get down to your budget range

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013

I have had a little go, and I had my fun using it, so far I managed to get down to my budget and got it around £1173 at could possibly bring that down a little more if I was to search around. So far the changes I made it to get to that price are as follows:

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Patriot Signature 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Zotac GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card
Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Lite-On DS-8A8SH DVD/CD Writer
Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)
ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED 24.0" Monitor
Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse

Now, this is at my very high end and I don't want to use it unless I have to basically. Any suggestions you would make to bring it down? Anything I should take out or don't need? Like the cooler?

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013

It's going to be mainly for youtube so it will have to be able to play the latest and future games at High to Maximum settings. So probably going to be high end just at least within my budget.

For what I want to do is to be able to do gaming and also edit stuff as well, while being able to do everyday tasks easily.

badboyrog

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
d ont forget if you want to do video editing you will need 16 GB of memory....
just for playing 8 GB its enough
a gtx 760 is a good way to go..
now if you want to play in multi monitor mode you will need a 4 GB gpu

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013

Nah, I don't want to play multi monitor but I don't mean real intensive editing it just needs to be able to handle editing well. So, would you still suggest a 16GB of Memory or what?

Is there anything so far you would change to bring the overall price down? So far all that is near £1200 and I prefer not to be that near, it at least has to be below £1100. Anything you'd suggest?

badboyrog

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
''Nah, I don't want to play multi monitor but I don't mean real intensive editing it just needs to be able to handle editing well. So, would you still suggest a 16GB of Memory or what?''

keep your 8 GB in that case..

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013

OK! So, what whole build would you suggest?

Komirai

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013

Thanks, I shall certainly do that. I think when I return to proper workable conditions, I will be able to research more, so I can get my perfect build within my budget.