Dual Monitor Setup?

xtobymc

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Okay, so despite me having the ability to build computers, I still have no idea how I would even go about setting up dual monitors for my desktop! Basically, I need another monitor for background apps whilst I play a game on a single monitor. Plus, it's just a nice addition to have a secondary screen.

Right now I have a single XFX Radeon HD 7950 GPU installed, which has a single HDMI and 2x DVI output. I also have onboard graphics for my motherboard, so there's another HDMI output on that too. Is it possible to run one monitor from my onboard motherboard graphics and one from my GPU? I'm not sure how the setup would work, or if it's possible with my rig.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
You can do that, but it really is best to run all your monitors off your card. Using and Hdmi and dvi is the best setup for that card. You simply hook up one hdmi and one dvi monitor and use the extend desktop option by hitting windows+P.
You can do that, but it really is best to run all your monitors off your card. Using and Hdmi and dvi is the best setup for that card. You simply hook up one hdmi and one dvi monitor and use the extend desktop option by hitting windows+P.

Solution