New video rendering motherboard / processor suggestions.

carolinagirl38d

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hi - Most of the post about the best video rendering mobo are a year old. I've not had to replace my computer for years but, now I'm working on web desige and interactive media work, using mostly Adobe suite.Video rendering will be about 15-20% of my work. I really have lost track of what it all means. My last computer came out just before the "i" series so, if you could be gentel with me I would appreciate it. I was a serious network engineer, so I'm not quite a noobie but pretty close. HELP!!

SNA3

Honorable

Hello ,

well your best choice is to wait till September when the Ivy Bride -E/EP CPU will come.

the Xeons Variants will come in 4/6/8/10/12 cores per CPU , and this is really cheap choice having so much core using only one CPU socket , and not needing a dual socket motherboard.

They will work on Quad channel DDR3 1866 memory as well giving a Crazy bandwidth .

for proffesional work you will need stability , so your best choice is the Xeons ivey Bridge EP ,

The new Generation also has PCI express 3.0 and the E/EP CP have 40 lanes of them , giving you the ability to add multiple GPU and Raid Cards at low cost and no need of Switching PLX chips which is used to share the 16X lanes on the lower i7/i5 Cpu , giving you Virtual more lanes , because the regular i7 has only 16 PCIE lanes.

The new Intel Chipset can support upto 6 Sata3 Ports in software Raid 0/1/5 , each port is 600MB/s . they aslo add a TRIM support in raid for SSD , which is very usefull.

oh and the regular i7 are only Dual channel RAM , while the E/EP are Quad channel.

The new mother boards use now UEFI bios with graphic and mouse use interface , and the old Bios you know is gone .. you can wiki UEFI for more info ...

more and more onboard sound chips are available now on mobos giving you the same performance of mid range sound cards...

and 10Gb Lans are available on xeons mobos as well ...

SAS 6G and SAS 12G are around as well ...

in short :)