Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 760 SLI or GTX 780 ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 28, 2013 1:09:32 AM

Ok, I am Building a new PC and there was a back and forth into the GPU Choice and i really need help for this. and will you look to my build if its good for a long run for about 3 years ? i haven't bought this Rig yet but once i get to choice the GPU i will be going to get them at the same time and please keep in mind if you have any suggestion about my RIG you can comment on it i will be happy to save some money :) 

My Rig is this :

Intel i5 4670k Looking to Overclock the shiz out of it !
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
ASUS MAXIMUS 6 Hero
Cooler master Haf XM Case
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz Ram
Western Digital Black 1TB
Windows 8
ASUS VG248QE 24inch 144hz 1MS
GTX 760 SLI or GTX 780

More about : gtx 760 sli gtx 780

July 28, 2013 1:21:24 AM

GTX 780 all the way. SLI is still sort of unstable, and the 780 will be a much better choice for future proofing. Think about it, in the future, SLI will likely become much more stable and you'll be able to SLI the 780. Everything else in your build looks fine, although you truly don't need 850w even with SLI. For the single card solution, I'd look somewhere between 500w-600w, and for SLI 750w should be plenty
July 28, 2013 1:23:41 AM

GTX 780 all the way. SLI is still sort of unstable, and the 780 will be a much better choice for future proofing. Think about it, in the future, SLI will likely become much more stable and you'll be able to SLI the 780. Everything else in your build looks fine, although you truly don't need 850w even with SLI. For the single card solution, I'd look somewhere between 500w-600w, and for SLI 750w should be plenty
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 28, 2013 1:27:42 AM

hamed19972 said:
Ok, I am Building a new PC and there was a back and forth into the GPU Choice and i really need help for this. and will you look to my build if its good for a long run for about 3 years ? i haven't bought this Rig yet but once i get to choice the GPU i will be going to get them at the same time and please keep in mind if you have any suggestion about my RIG you can comment on it i will be happy to save some money :) 

My Rig is this :

Intel i5 4670k Looking to Overclock the shiz out of it !
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
ASUS MAXIMUS 6 Hero
Cooler master Haf XM Case
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz Ram
Western Digital Black 1TB
Windows 8
ASUS VG248QE 24inch 144hz 1MS
GTX 760 SLI or GTX 780


If you are rich enough to add another GTX 780 in like a year or so ... get GTX 780 and a 850 watts power ..

2 GTX 760 SLI > GTX 780 but at huge power cost and more heat and you cant upgrade it faster in the future ...

if this is your final system then GO GTX 760 SLI BUT choose the 4G version not the 2G Version.
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 28, 2013 1:28:26 AM

Eyedeology said:
GTX 780 all the way. SLI is still sort of unstable, and the 780 will be a much better choice for future proofing. Think about it, in the future, SLI will likely become much more stable and you'll be able to SLI the 780. Everything else in your build looks fine, although you truly don't need 850w even with SLI. For the single card solution, I'd look somewhere between 500w-600w, and for SLI 750w should be plenty


prove that SLI is not stable ...!!!..!!

July 28, 2013 1:33:45 AM

SNA3 said:
hamed19972 said:
Ok, I am Building a new PC and there was a back and forth into the GPU Choice and i really need help for this. and will you look to my build if its good for a long run for about 3 years ? i haven't bought this Rig yet but once i get to choice the GPU i will be going to get them at the same time and please keep in mind if you have any suggestion about my RIG you can comment on it i will be happy to save some money :) 

My Rig is this :

Intel i5 4670k Looking to Overclock the shiz out of it !
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
ASUS MAXIMUS 6 Hero
Cooler master Haf XM Case
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz Ram
Western Digital Black 1TB
Windows 8
ASUS VG248QE 24inch 144hz 1MS
GTX 760 SLI or GTX 780


If you are rich enough to add another GTX 780 in like a year or so ... get GTX 780 and a 850 watts power ..

2 GTX 760 SLI > GTX 780 but at huge power cost and more heat and you cant upgrade it faster in the future ...

if this is your final system then GO GTX 760 SLI BUT choose the 4G version not the 2G Version.



No Man Another GTX 780 in future will cost too much for me if i where going to upgrade i would buy a new Generation Gpu's such as GTX 960 SLI if i upgrade my GPU's ! so you think i go with SLI right ? or even if i get the GTX 780 in future i am just going to sell it and get the GTX 880 or GTX 980 !

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 28, 2013 2:59:10 AM

hamed19972 said:
SNA3 said:
hamed19972 said:
Ok, I am Building a new PC and there was a back and forth into the GPU Choice and i really need help for this. and will you look to my build if its good for a long run for about 3 years ? i haven't bought this Rig yet but once i get to choice the GPU i will be going to get them at the same time and please keep in mind if you have any suggestion about my RIG you can comment on it i will be happy to save some money :) 

My Rig is this :

Intel i5 4670k Looking to Overclock the shiz out of it !
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
ASUS MAXIMUS 6 Hero
Cooler master Haf XM Case
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz Ram
Western Digital Black 1TB
Windows 8
ASUS VG248QE 24inch 144hz 1MS
GTX 760 SLI or GTX 780


If you are rich enough to add another GTX 780 in like a year or so ... get GTX 780 and a 850 watts power ..

2 GTX 760 SLI > GTX 780 but at huge power cost and more heat and you cant upgrade it faster in the future ...

if this is your final system then GO GTX 760 SLI BUT choose the 4G version not the 2G Version.



No Man Another GTX 780 in future will cost too much for me if i where going to upgrade i would buy a new Generation Gpu's such as GTX 960 SLI if i upgrade my GPU's ! so you think i go with SLI right ? or even if i get the GTX 780 in future i am just going to sell it and get the GTX 880 or GTX 980 !



get GTX 760 in SLI then and make sure to pick the 4G one not the 2G one .. new games need more than 2G ...

and get 750 watt power supply if you are overclocking

and 650 Watts if not overclocking

September 4, 2013 11:01:17 AM

As a user who actually has two GTX 760s in SLI, I love the performance of these cards. They burn through everything I throw at them at 1080P. Single card performance is decent enough such that if SLI is not supported, it's not a huge limiter to the games you can play at high/ultra settings. As far as the 2G version or the 4G version, it won't matter.

By the time graphics cards require more than 1280 MB in memory @ 1080P, there will be a new generation to choose from. Just because consoles racked up the VRAM like it was going out of style, doesn't mean the same will reflect on the PC Game market just yet.

I give it two/three years before you NEED 4 GB GDDR5 on a card to run games fluently. The most frequently changed component on any gamer's rig should be the graphics card.
October 13, 2013 10:24:51 PM

the1corrupted said:
As a user who actually has two GTX 760s in SLI, I love the performance of these cards. They burn through everything I throw at them at 1080P. Single card performance is decent enough such that if SLI is not supported, it's not a huge limiter to the games you can play at high/ultra settings. As far as the 2G version or the 4G version, it won't matter.

By the time graphics cards require more than 1280 MB in memory @ 1080P, there will be a new generation to choose from. Just because consoles racked up the VRAM like it was going out of style, doesn't mean the same will reflect on the PC Game market just yet.

I give it two/three years before you NEED 4 GB GDDR5 on a card to run games fluently. The most frequently changed component on any gamer's rig should be the graphics card.


What GTX 760's would you recommend?

PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
^
Would these be a good choice? PNY has a free lifetime warranty for the original owner but I can't find any reviews..
February 15, 2014 4:22:31 AM

Paul Rogers said:
the1corrupted said:
As a user who actually has two GTX 760s in SLI, I love the performance of these cards. They burn through everything I throw at them at 1080P. Single card performance is decent enough such that if SLI is not supported, it's not a huge limiter to the games you can play at high/ultra settings. As far as the 2G version or the 4G version, it won't matter.

By the time graphics cards require more than 1280 MB in memory @ 1080P, there will be a new generation to choose from. Just because consoles racked up the VRAM like it was going out of style, doesn't mean the same will reflect on the PC Game market just yet.

I give it two/three years before you NEED 4 GB GDDR5 on a card to run games fluently. The most frequently changed component on any gamer's rig should be the graphics card.


What GTX 760's would you recommend?

PNY GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
^
Would these be a good choice? PNY has a free lifetime warranty for the original owner but I can't find any reviews..



Get ASUS GTX 760 for Better Cooling Or MSI Gaming Ones !
August 3, 2014 2:31:47 AM

I had 2 evga 760s sli. I just sold them for a 780. Why? I didn't have the 4g versions and games like rome 2 were giving me a micro stutter when zoomed in...I think this is either due to the game using slightly above the 2gb limit of my card, or sli is unstable. ... that being said...I think the 780 will perform better for rome 2 and shogun 2 without the slight micro stutter...it drives me insaine...oh my processor is a i7 4790k so yea....anyway I think even with 2 in sli they werent able to move the 13k troops around quick enough..., i know the frame rate is higher with the sli 760s but im talking about micro stutter...i I feel that is due to the bus width being 256 or something..so the 3gb 384 bus width I feel will be more effective for what I like to do....just a thought.
!