Need help with upgrading my PC components

Phaydze

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
So about two years ago, I purchased a custom built PC from the UK, and now I'm looking to upgrade. My computer components are listed below.
CPU - AMD FX-6100 (6 cores @ 3.3 GHz)
GPU - Nvidia GTS 450
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3
RAM - 8192 MB Corsair Vengance
PSU - Corsair CX500

As you can see, the components aren't that much to envy at in terms of gaming, so I intend to upgrade, namely my GPU, CPU and MOBO (if necessary). I plan to buy these components:
CPU - AMD FX-8350
GPU - Nvidia GTX 760 (EVGA SC ACX 2GB)

Will I need to purchase a new motherboard for these components (any recommendations?), and will the CPU be able to cope with the GPU? Will I need a larger PSU (I recently brought the Corsair CX500) or will I need water cooling? Will this build be future-proof for next gen gaming (namely Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Grand Theft Auto 5, if it is released on PC)? If you could provide me with any form of help, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Phaydze

(P.S. I live in the UK, and will be buying most of my components from www.ebuyer.com)
(P.P.S I can provide more in depth specifications to my PC, if nesscessary)

Jul 14, 2013
You will not need a new motherboard. The new CPU you plan on using is an AM3+ socket, which is the same socket as your 6100. The 760 is a PCI 3.0, and your motherboard is a PCI 2.0. Thankfully the GPU is backwards compatible and a 3.0 will work on a 2.0 without any performance difference (it was tested that there is only a 1% to 2% performance drop when the backwards compatibility is being utilized.) The GPU has a requirement of at least a 500W PSU, meaning you are scratching the bare minimum for power being drawn from the PSU. I would suggest getting a 550W PSU if you can, but if you can't a 500W would work assuming you don't plan on doing much overclocking. Watercooling is not required but if you plan on using strictly fans, I would need to know your case and how many fans you currently have installed, along with the size of the fan's mounts inside the case (80mm, 120mm, 125mm, etc.) Knowing your case would also be helpful. Thanks.

Phaydze

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I don't believe I have any fans other than my CPU, GPU and PSU fans. My case dimensions are 17cm width x 40cm height x 43cm depth. Thanks again.