Best Gaming PC for under $400 excluding GPU, OS and accessories?

jonnyappleseedc

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
I'm trying to build a gaming PC for under $400. I am not going to buy all the parts at once, I will wait until some go on sale and get them for a good price. I do not need an Operating System, Monitor, Graphics Card, or other accessories like a keyboard, mouse, speakers, ect. My friend has a Radeon HD 7770 I can have until I decide to upgrade on my own. And I already Purchased accessories/Operating System. I basically need to know the best CPU/Mobo combo then I will buy the more flexible/compatible stuff later like RAM, PSU, Case, ect. when they go on sale.
Please do not go over $400, I don't even want to have to pay that. Btw, this is minor gaming, like Minecraft and Older games such as Elder Scrolls Series, Indie Games, and possibly newer games on average settings. Thanks guys!!!

The i5 4670K + Asrock Extreme 3 motherboard should be a good combo. But since there was still some budget left for other parts, that is why I also added the Case and Optical drive just because I was able to get all that for under 400 dollars, so that is why I added some more parts even though you said that you needed only a Motherboard + CPU right now, but still getting more parts would speed up getting the new build. So this should do good. Anyways here it is :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($224.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($112.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($14.94 @ Newegg)
Total: $402.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-28 11:16 EDT-0400)

I hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS