No Emial Notifications Anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
OK. Thanks for the reply... I did the toggle thing. We'll see how it goes.
This just started happening after you folks started troubleshooting the previous issue I had about not being able to reply to a post without getting an error message and to try again later.

At least one other forum member said he had the same issue.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Still no email notifications of replies.
Btw, I didn't have a "email notifications" box to toggle in that link you posted for me. Just a box marked "Notify me of updates by default "

Edit: forgot to add, I now have 1 notification always showing here on the Forum even when there's nothing in the "new updates" box below it. Kinda screwed up...

I seem to have the same problem.
I have recently changed e-mail services, but my account has been updated to the new e-mail address.
I did get one Best answer e-mail, but that had a problem with the hyperlink.
I could copy and paste the link to see it. Or, if I set email to read plain text only, I get active hyperlinks. I don't want to do that because then I don't see images I want for normal e-mail.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I've added this as a bug that is definitely occurring and reproducible to the devs bug tracking list, so they'll be taking a look into things to see if they can diagnose why this might be happening for some users and not for others. Hopefully a solution will be forthcoming.

Ditto here.
At least it is progress.
Now to fix the clickable hyperlinks.
The link is clickable when viewed in att.net mail, but not when downloaded to windows live mail.
I suspect that windows live mail is somehow viewing the message as some sort of spam.
I can't find it now, but I recall some of the messages were preceded by [bulk] appended to the title of the message. I have no idea about where that came from.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I too am using Windows Live Mail. There may be a clue there. I've checked all my settings to see if something got changed, but all looks normal. I get other HTML mail, links, etc.

Edit: I just noticed something caused my mail pgm to switch to "secure Zone" rather than "Internet Zone". Maybe that was the problem with no links?

Guess not. Just got another reply now and still no clickable link.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Right, not an option I'd want to live with.
Tell me, do you have 1 reply stuck in your "notifications" box in the upper right corner of the forum page like I do? I've had that for days, even when I have no replies.

jinayhvora

Honorable
so i'm now recieving a few emails now, got 4 out of the 10 notifications i have today
yes, i too have the problem of the non-clickable hyperlinks and one notification reamining eevn if i have no replies (although that happens quite rarely now)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Now if you can find a way to get rid of the 2 "Ghost" notifications on every page.... :)

m8m9.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, I did that before. I just tried again. I had no unread threads, but I choose "mark all as read" anyway. Still showing 2 notifications on every forum thread page I go to. When I hover my mouse over the number 2, the window that opens shows nothing. Still have those 2 darn 'ghost' notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS