RAID won't spin up

Robert Schmicker

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
I have an old dell poweredge 2800 that I just recently got from work and I brought it home turned it on and everything posted and got to the no os detected f1 to retry or f2 to go into setup as I expected since all drives were wiped. Now my problem is, is that I had extra scsi drives all 73gb 15k so i removed all scsi drives from the system dusted the whole system inside and out and put all drives back (not in the same order that i pulled them from) and now when I turn on my system no drives are found both physical and logical. I went into the RAID setup and it did not detect that anything was plugged in. The drives aren't even receiving any power as they wont even spin up or turn on and they were working fine before I pulled them from the system can anyone give me any help? Everything is plugged into the motherboard as it should and all drives are hot swap able.

Robert Schmicker

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

It posted the first time I started it and detected all drives before I took them all out now it still posts but says 0 logical or physical drives found and this in floor standing server.

popatim

Titan
have you tried going into the raid bios and seeing it it sees the drives? When you remove a drive from a raid or move them around in your case you can cause the system to loose track of them and thinks you installed new disks. so you might just have a case where the raid needs to be reconfigured.

Robert Schmicker

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

I had that same thinking after I posted my previous post so I went into the BIOS and found nothing pertaining to disk drives(Not even an option to show recognized drives). So I then went into my RAID controller setup to see if I had to initialize them but the raid card didn't see any drives at all. Since it seems like maybe this is a hardware issue(because no power runs to the drives at all for some reason or another) would it be worth it to replace the whole hot swap bay in all? Where I work they recycling a ton of these servers so it wouldn't be a problem to replace a part or just start all over with a new server.