I want a better CPU cooler. Please help.

Solution
Don't worry about the board. WOrry more about the width of your case. Measure the clearance bro. I can't see the case specs on the link you've provided.

Anyway, I've seen it. It will fit. Case is: Cooler Master G Lite. Width is 192.5. Hyper 212 is only 120mm. So it will fit.

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

You should be able to diy, amd sockets are really easy to install coolers on. Have you customized this computer in any way yet?
In addition to a new cpu cooler I highly recommend adding an exhaust fan. It looks, from the pictures, like you only have an intake fan. You need fan to push the hot air out, not just pull the cool air in. Any way, what is your budget for cpu cooler? A 92mm zalman would fit in your case nicely, and combined with an exhaust fan, should lower your case temps significantly. Check this out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

The hyper evo is really large, do you think it will fit a micro atx board?

adimeister

Honorable
Don't worry about the board. WOrry more about the width of your case. Measure the clearance bro. I can't see the case specs on the link you've provided.

Anyway, I've seen it. It will fit. Case is: Cooler Master G Lite. Width is 192.5. Hyper 212 is only 120mm. So it will fit.

Solution

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

OP has no exhaust fan, adding one will likely lower temps and only cost around 10 dollars. Plus, he is complaining about temps, not gpu power.

alfredo21

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

The outside width is 7.5 inches. From the motherboard to end of case is about 6.9inches(about 175mm).

alfredo21

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

I have not customized yet. I would definitely get an exhaust fan. I would take a look at that cooler you recommended. Thank you.

alfredo21

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Thank you the cooler looks nice. Do you think I can install it myself or should I take it to a computer repair place?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

yes but he will gain nothing from upgrading the cpu cooler.

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

How comfortable are you opening up your case and doing work?

If you are confident, then do it yourself, as you will save money. Like I said, the amd socket is easy to install coolers on, you shouldn't have a problem. If you have big hands, you might need to take out your video card when you install the cpu cooler. But otherwise, plug the cpu cooler into the motherboard before your hook it on the bracket, then bracket the cooler in place and reseat your video card if necessary. Its that simple, as there are no drivers or software accompaniments with coolers and fans.