Home Media server build. Sufficient Hardware?

Austinfitz1

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Hey everyone,
I'm looking into building a home media server but don't really wanna spend an insane amount of money. I've put together a little build plan so if you guys could look and tell me what i might need to change in order to make it do its job. I know home servers don't need a lot of power but i'm not sure if this is simply to low end. Also if there are any good ways you guys could help me save even a few more bucks that would be great.

So will this do it's job?

Mobo- MSI FM2-A55-E33
Processor- AMD A4-5300
Memory- 4 GB of crucial Ballistix tactical RAM
Case/Psu- Logisys SOHO w/480W psu
OS-Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011

I have a spare 2TB hard drive that i'll put in it until i need more space. Then i'll purchase more

I'm going to be using for my gaming pc and my laptop which i am buying within the next few months. Also i would like to know if any of you know if i could connect my macbook pro to the server? I have a feeling i cant considering the home server is running windows. But i thought i'd ask anyway.
Also could i connect the server to my ps3 (and ps4 when released) as well as my iphone and ipod

Thanks in advance

Austinfitz1

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

cpu is in the description under processor and i dont need a gpu its a server. im not playing games or anything like that on it