Need advice for updating/fixing my desktop

Kevin Kociuba

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
So a little while ago my processor went out on me, and now the rest of my gaming pc is in of being replaced/freshened up. But the problem is I have no idea what pieces i should get.

Im thinking about a intel or amd quad core processor (AM3+)(for 250 or less) and a gtx 770 or 760 for my card, Aswell as 8 to 16 gigs of ram. My board is an asrock 970 pro3 and my pcu is a cx430.

I use the PC for games like bf3, planetside 2, arma 2, Warz and css type games if it helps.

So basically the questions are what brand/model of each part should i look into? Which would work the best for me? And if my pcu could handle this and if not which to get. Thanks! -Kevin

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Think a 760 calls for at least a 450 PSU, don't know budget but might look at a 3570K and maybe something like a ASUS P8Z77-M, which is a good starter mobo, if you can provide a rough budget figure can prob specify better

Kevin Kociuba

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Whats the difference from this board and the one i have? And what do you think about the 4670k? Any major difference between the two? Also, Ill get back to you on the budget in a little bit :), still have to look it over.

Kevin Kociuba

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Do you see anything here you dont like? What do you think of the board?