Jan 20, 2012
Current Specs:

Z68-V mainboard
i5 3.3Ghz
nVidia GTX 560Ti
8Gb RAM
Samsung SyncMaster 204bw 20" monitor
Intel 80GB SSD

So, I was thinking about upgrading my monitor, which I've had for several years. I was looking at the Eizo FS2333.

At the highest resolutions, is my 560Ti powerful enough to make the most of this monitor?

Is the Eizo going to be a huge upgrade from my 204bw?

Obviously the outlets for these Eizo monitors are not local, but I hear its quite the monitor for the price.

Are there any glaring deficiencies in my setup?

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

C

ps3hacker12

Distinguished

You have a fantastic system, if your happy with high setttings graphics at 1080p, stick with that graphics card. If you can get a cheap 560Ti off ebay or somewhere to play games at Ultra settings that might be an option (depending on your power supply). But SLI still has some issues, single card is always preferable.

otherwise yeah a great system.

litebeer

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Thank you guys for the validation of the components I chose...things change so fast and so dramatically (sometimes), I was concerned that the high/mid end components that I bought a year ago might not cut the mustard today.

Do you think that the Eizo FORZA FS2333 would be a good upgrade from my Samsung 20"? After agonizing over IPS vs. TN, I settled on what I think is a good compromise, an IPS with great response times.

My biggest concern is the the 560Ti *might* have trouble driving it...moving from a 20" to 23" and hopefully 1680x1050 to 1920x1080.

Is this a worthy upgrade?