First gaming rig build. Need some help!

Atkinsr0522

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hey all,

This is my first build ever and it will be specifically for gaming (next-gen).
Here's what I have so far:
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

PSU: XFX PRO750W Core Edition 80+ Bronze ATX

Here is what I am thinking bout getting (this is where I would like some input)

GPU: I've decided to go with a GTX 780 (not sure which one yet. Suggestions?) for the next-gen games

Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Hero or MSI Z87-GD65

CPU: Either i5 or i7. I've read that the i5's are a bit better for gaming, but I am building for longevity, so if the i7's will stay current longer then I'd rather that one.

RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3 1866 or G.Skill 8GB Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600

I haven't put too much thought into anything else yet so any suggestions are welcome. Price wise, the GPU is the most expensive thing I'm willing to buy, everything else I'm trying to get for around $100-300. Besides the HDD am I missing anything extremely important? (I've only just got into PC's so I'm very new to all this)

Thanks

abgaut

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
PSU I would reccommend a Corsair (HX, TX, AX) or a Seasonic.
GPU: Go for MSI.
Both the motherboards are excellent performers. Though Asus will be more expensive.
Go for corsair vengeance 1600
You are forgetting an aftercooler and most importantly a case that'll house every component.

Atkinsr0522

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Ok cool. As far as the case, I've read that the one that I have is fairly big and should be able to fit everything. Was I wrong? And I didn't really want to go SLI on my first build, but I will consider it.