Sign in with
Your question

my dedicated graphics card is not being detected by my monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 30, 2013 5:19:49 AM

so ill run you throught the whole story. my brother nicked my desktop monitor when I was away so he could use it with his laptop, whose monitor is broken.

once I take it back I reconnect it with the blue analog video cable he used without thinking. I later discover that this is connected to the integrated graphics card in my computer.

previously my computer had been connected through a larger white analog video cable directly into the dedicated graphics card.

when I booted up with the blue cable connected originally the monitor brought up a black and white screeb reading something about switching graphics cards and then brought me to the desktop screen where it asked me to install some drivers for a nvidia geforce 6150 le. I did and quickly realised that this was the integrated card and is incapable of running any video games.

upon connecting the monitor back to the dedicated card I found the screen to be unresponsive and remains on the self test feature check screen.

I am running a rather old dell dimension c521.

any help apreciated.

a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2013 8:38:47 PM

You mentioned that you installed integrated graphics drivers"

Quote:
where it asked me to install some drivers for a nvidia geforce 6150 le. I did and quickly realised that this was the integrated card and is incapable of running any video games.

You need to uninstall them, and to prevent any troubles, uninstall dedicated GPU drivers as well. You can do it now only when connecting monitor to integrated port.
Once your PC is clean of that mess, you need to start all over again and install dedicated card drivers.

PLease report back with progress.
!