Corsair H60 in the top of BitFenix Prodigy

LanternSky

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
In just over a week I will be pulling the trigger on my first Mini-ITX build.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1miE6
I have a question regarding placement of the Corsair H60 in a BitFenix Prodigy case. Yes, I have seen other posts related to this but none addressed the placement I want to use. I'm planning on installing a 200mm or 220mm intake fan in the front of the case. I will be removing the top section of the hard drive enclosure but I will keep the 5.25 bay at the very top. I plan to remove the exhaust fan in the rear of the case.

My question is can I mount the h60's fan in the top of the case as an intake with the radiator underneath?

Just to clarify I am referring to the mount at the top of the case (beside the 5.25 bay). Not the mount in the rear for the exhaust fan which has been the subject of all the other posts. Since my Mobo only has controls for 1 CPU and 1 System Fan my thought is the large fan in the front will be enough to blow the hot air in the case out the back with out needing a dedicated exhaust fan.

Christian Angelo

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2013
I own this case and I can verify that there are holes for fans for the upper front region, if you take out the disk drive. and also a number of other holes for different sized fans in a number of different places on that front section. The biggest the front fits are the 230mm bitfenix fans