Newegg not working only in Firefox

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone else seen this? Over the past 4 days Newegg has given the constant message on going to links and even on the main site itself: "We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server" This, I discovered, only happens in the Firefox Browser. My current version of FF is 22, the latest. No other sites are affected in FF, just Newegg. Newegg customer service people haven't a clue and tell me no one else has reported this. A few years back, Microsoft was trying to block off Netscape by attempting to persuade website developers to build for IE and not Netscape. I don't know if this is what's happening or if Newegg itself changed something to make FF cough up this hairball. I'd appreciate some discussion and feedback on this topic.

Solution
I discovered the source of the problem. It was my newegg cookies. I tried accessing the site in a private browsing window using Firefox and everything worked fine. Went into a custom history setup for privacy options in FF and found all the cookies referencing newegg. I then deleted all of them but for the login and reset cookies and now the site comes up fine in a normal firefox window. It is possible that some of those cookies may have crumbled and been corrupted.
i have been having issues --also in firefox 22

didnt happen before i updated to version 22

web pages keep freezing up

so may be a firefox problem

edit--updating my flash player seems to have helped so far

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

I am using Shockwave Flashplayer 11.7.700.224. I don't see any indicator it needed updating. Newegg was working fine up until Saturday. Yet it did have the same issue the weekend before. If the Flash Player needed updating I can't figure why other websites that use it aren't a problem.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Dear Valued Customers,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with our website and your internet browser. We will be glad to look into this for you. Please send us your account number to wecare@newegg.com and we'll submit a report for this issue.

Thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Newegg Support

it could be a newegg problem--nice to see they have a rep on here

latest flash version is

which so far seems to have stopped my web pages freezing now and then in firefox 22

PA Systems

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I discovered the source of the problem. It was my newegg cookies. I tried accessing the site in a private browsing window using Firefox and everything worked fine. Went into a custom history setup for privacy options in FF and found all the cookies referencing newegg. I then deleted all of them but for the login and reset cookies and now the site comes up fine in a normal firefox window. It is possible that some of those cookies may have crumbled and been corrupted.

Solution