Sign in with
Your question

Is this a future proof system for Bf3 & Bf4

Last response: in Systems
July 31, 2013 4:58:35 AM

So I've found this PC the Chillblast Fusion Elixir.(Here's the link: http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Elixir.html )

You might have heard of it and from what I've seen online and from reviews it is a good system but I'm not sure how good it is. I've had loads of advice on what I could build as my fist gaming PC but I don't really want to do that. What I would like to know is can this system run bf3 on relativity good settings and will it be able to run bf4.

Here's the system recommendation for bf4:

Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
A modern DX11 graphics card with 1 GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series
Windows 7 64-bit operating system
20+ GB of free harddrive space

Some parts might change because as far as I know these are for the Alpha but they will probably be very similar for the final version.

I know roughly what these specs mean but I can't read them and immediately know if the system is perfect for it. Again these are the recommendations not the requirements.

£600 is roughly my budget I know that at some point I may need to upgrade the GPU but to what I don't know. Also would I be better with a SSD at some point as well?

Thanks,

Robert
July 31, 2013 5:16:01 AM

SSD you really don't "need". The only thing that I would upgrade right away would be the PSU. From what I quickly read about the one in that build is that it's garbage. As for the GPU that the build has it's an OK one. It won't be running bf3 or 4 at high settings. Most likely mediumish depending on how many fps you want to play at without having drops or spikes.
July 31, 2013 12:19:21 PM

fnatic said:
SSD you really don't "need". The only thing that I would upgrade right away would be the PSU. From what I quickly read about the one in that build is that it's garbage. As for the GPU that the build has it's an OK one. It won't be running bf3 or 4 at high settings. Most likely mediumish depending on how many fps you want to play at without having drops or spikes.

I can upgrade before I buy, is there a PSU in this list that you'd recommend or a different one?

EZCool Basic 650W PSU (The one that's already in)

Chillblast Basic 700W PSU Chillblast Basic 700W PSU
Price from: [+£5.00]
Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W PSU Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W PSU Recommended
Price from: [+£25.00]
Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU
Price from: [+£35.00]
BeQuiet Pure Power 530W PSU BeQuiet Pure Power 530W PSU Extreme Power
Price from: [+£39.00]
Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified PSU Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified PSU Extreme Power
Price from: [+£60.00]
July 31, 2013 4:51:56 PM

Only one really worth getting is the Corsair. It's overkill for your system but you can use it for quite a while. None of the other options I would even consider unless it was at least 80 bronze.
!