Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help On Downloading GTA IV(Fatal Error Shader Model 3.0)

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 31, 2013 7:35:25 AM

I downloaded GTA IV a couple of days ago and it always says fatal error Shader Model 3.0 or Better and I Dont Know Whats My shader Model. Should I Download It For Me To Run GTA I've Been Waiting To Play This Download And Now I Cant Plz Help
My Computer Is: Windows 7 Pro Dell
Model: Inspiron 530
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz
Memory Ram 1.00GB
And Its A 64-Bit Operating System
Please Reply
July 31, 2013 8:13:09 AM

first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.
a c 229 $ Windows 7
July 31, 2013 8:28:50 AM

Your win 7 must run slow with that little ram.



If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver


http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/sy...

As stated, you need a new video card.
Related resources
July 31, 2013 9:19:17 AM

jstaystackin said:
I downloaded GTA IV a couple of days ago and it always says fatal error Shader Model 3.0 or Better and I Dont Know Whats My shader Model. Should I Download It For Me To Run GTA I've Been Waiting To Play This Download And Now I Cant Plz Help
My Computer Is: Windows 7 Pro Dell
Model: Inspiron 530
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz
Memory Ram 1.00GB
And Its A 64-Bit Operating System
Please Reply


As stated above, you are missing too much for Win7 64 bit and for any serious game as well.

Options.
RAM upgrade up to 8GB DDR2-667, this one reported to work Corsair 2GB (1x2GB) DDR2 667 MHz (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory (VS2GB667D2) http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-1x2GB-Desktop-Memory-VS2G...
Make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed 1.0.18 http://ftp.dell.com/bios/530_1018.EXE prior to upgrading RAM.

Your CPU is not so good, some improvements are possible here.

Since you PC was sold with Core2Duo, most likely it can support only similar CPUs, not Quads.
In this case those are all supported CPUs:


Intel Celeron processor 430
Intel Celeron Processor 420 (1.6 GHz, 800 FSB)
Wolfdale Dual Core E7300, 2.66, 3MB, 65W, M0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8190, 2.66G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65Watt, C0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8200, 2.66G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, C0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8300, 2.83G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, C0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8400, 3.00G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, C0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8400, 3.00G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, E0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8500, 3.16G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, C0
Wolfdale Dual Core E8500, 3.16G, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, E0
Wolfdale Core 2 Duo, E8600, 3.33GHz, 6MB, 1333FSB, 65W, E0

Conroe E1400, 2.00G, 512KB,CCO,M0
Conroe E2140, 1.60G, 1MB, 800FSB, M0
Conroe E2160, 1.80G, 1MB, 800FSB, L2
Conroe E2160, 1.80G, 1MB, 800FSB, M0
Conroe E2180, 2.00G, 1MB, 800FSB, M0
Conroe E2200, 2.20G, 1MB, 800FSB, M0
Conroe E2220, 2.40G, 1MB, PCO, M0
Conroe E4300, 1.80G, 2MB, 800FSB, L2
Conroe E4400, 2.00G, 2MB, 800FSB, L2
Conroe E4500, 2.20G, 2MB, 800FSB, M0
Conroe E4600, 2.40G, 2MB, 800FSB, M0
Conroe E4700, 2.60G, 2MB, 800FSB, G0
Conroe E6320, 1.86G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
Conroe E6420, 2.13G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
Conroe E6550, 2.33G, 4MB, 1333FSB
Conroe E6600, 2.40G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
Conroe E6700, 2.66G, 4MB, 1066FSB, B2
Conroe E6750, 2.66G, 4MB, 1333FSB, G0
Conroe E6850, 3.00G, 4MB, 1333FSB, G0
Conroe E7200, 2.53G, 3MB, WFD, 65W

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200(2.5 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 (2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7600 (3M Cache, 3.06 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

Prior to installing the processor, check that you have BIOS Version 1.0.16 installed, when support for new Intel CPU's was added.

Video Card. You have 300 watt power supply, in this case you can install basically all models of HD7750 and some GTX650

Power supply. If you want to upgrade your Video card to stronger model than I show above, you will need power supply upgrade - any ATX power supply will fit well and compatible.

This is actual framework of you possible upgrades depending on your budget and needs.

Anything else I can help you with?
a c 411 $ Windows 7
July 31, 2013 9:28:41 AM

Where did you download it from?
July 31, 2013 2:38:44 PM

Where Can I Get It From Or Can I Just Change My Computer Cause Im Getting A Ne Laptop Soon Which One Should I get


July 31, 2013 2:51:10 PM

reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.


Hawkeye22 said:
Your win 7 must run slow with that little ram.



If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver


http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/sy...

As stated, you need a new video card.


SR-71 Blackbird said:
Where did you download it from?


I Dowload It For Gmefly And Steam
July 31, 2013 2:53:48 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Your win 7 must run slow with that little ram.



If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver


http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/sy...

As stated, you need a new video card.


So If I Get A Video Card It Would Be Good

July 31, 2013 3:14:25 PM

You also need to increase your memory size to at least 4 GB, right now you are below Win7 requirements.
July 31, 2013 3:17:18 PM

Kisianik said:
You also need to increase your memory size to at least 4 GB, right now you are below Win7 requirements.


Do You Know Whats A Good Laptop To Buy With The Requirements Needed For The Game

July 31, 2013 3:28:54 PM

reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.


Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good
July 31, 2013 5:24:14 PM

jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.


Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


This is not video card - it is embedded into your motherboard, it is part of it, it is a chip.
You need to get dedicated video card like this one HIS iCooler H775FS2G Radeon HD 7750 2GB 128-bit DDR3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Or similar.
Plus you need RAM.

Laptop will cost you much more than upgrade.
July 31, 2013 11:01:05 PM

jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.

Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


the game requires fast CPU speed. I'll be recomending a quad-core for desktop. But since your looking for a laptop, A dual core may do, atleast get a laptop that comes with a nvidia/ATI graphics. but youll have to run the game at low settings and resolution, unless ofcourse your buying a REAL gaming laptop, which definitely will cost you twice or thrice than a gaming desktop.

If you decided to buy a desktop computer for gaming, get the ones that are quad core. An intel i5-3570k are right now one of the most recomended quad-core for gaming. for a discrete graphics card, a nvidia gtx 650 / ATI Radeon 7770.. you may also consider getting a 660Ti / 7870.

PS: Try to upgrade your RAM atleast 4gb. to utilize the minimum potential of 64bit computing operating systems. And oh yeah, get a decent PSU too, if your planning to upgrade the said components.
August 1, 2013 6:58:10 AM

reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.

Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


the game requires fast CPU speed. I'll be recomending a quad-core for desktop. But since your looking for a laptop, A dual core may do, atleast get a laptop that comes with a nvidia/ATI graphics. but youll have to run the game at low settings and resolution, unless ofcourse your buying a REAL gaming laptop, which definitely will cost you twice or thrice than a gaming desktop.

If you decided to buy a desktop computer for gaming, get the ones that are quad core. An intel i5-3570k are right now one of the most recomended quad-core for gaming. for a discrete graphics card, a nvidia gtx 650 / ATI Radeon 7770.. you may also consider getting a 660Ti / 7870.

PS: Try to upgrade your RAM atleast 4gb. to utilize the minimum potential of 64bit computing operating systems. And oh yeah, get a decent PSU too, if your planning to upgrade the said components.


Check This Out And Tell Me If Its Good
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=dncwc21...

Or

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/buy/intelinside/...
August 2, 2013 7:00:04 AM

jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.

Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


the game requires fast CPU speed. I'll be recomending a quad-core for desktop. But since your looking for a laptop, A dual core may do, atleast get a laptop that comes with a nvidia/ATI graphics. but youll have to run the game at low settings and resolution, unless ofcourse your buying a REAL gaming laptop, which definitely will cost you twice or thrice than a gaming desktop.

If you decided to buy a desktop computer for gaming, get the ones that are quad core. An intel i5-3570k are right now one of the most recomended quad-core for gaming. for a discrete graphics card, a nvidia gtx 650 / ATI Radeon 7770.. you may also consider getting a 660Ti / 7870.

PS: Try to upgrade your RAM atleast 4gb. to utilize the minimum potential of 64bit computing operating systems. And oh yeah, get a decent PSU too, if your planning to upgrade the said components.


Check This Out And Tell Me If Its Good
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=dncwc21...

Or

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/buy/intelinside/...


I wouldnt recomend an Intel HD Graphics card for gaming. Especially laptops since its very expensive. but if you insist on the two. the samsung with gt 650m dedicated nvidia card will be more powerful than DELL's GT 525M.

GT 650m has 384 GPU Cores, clocked at 900Mhz
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

while gt 525m only has 96 cores clocked at 1200Mhz.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

clock alone cant give you that much of a performance.
August 2, 2013 9:27:46 AM

reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.

Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


the game requires fast CPU speed. I'll be recomending a quad-core for desktop. But since your looking for a laptop, A dual core may do, atleast get a laptop that comes with a nvidia/ATI graphics. but youll have to run the game at low settings and resolution, unless ofcourse your buying a REAL gaming laptop, which definitely will cost you twice or thrice than a gaming desktop.

If you decided to buy a desktop computer for gaming, get the ones that are quad core. An intel i5-3570k are right now one of the most recomended quad-core for gaming. for a discrete graphics card, a nvidia gtx 650 / ATI Radeon 7770.. you may also consider getting a 660Ti / 7870.

PS: Try to upgrade your RAM atleast 4gb. to utilize the minimum potential of 64bit computing operating systems. And oh yeah, get a decent PSU too, if your planning to upgrade the said components.


Check This Out And Tell Me If Its Good
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=dncwc21...

Or

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/buy/intelinside/...


I wouldnt recomend an Intel HD Graphics card for gaming. Especially laptops since its very expensive. but if you insist on the two. the samsung with gt 650m dedicated nvidia card will be more powerful than DELL's GT 525M.

GT 650m has 384 GPU Cores, clocked at 900Mhz
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

while gt 525m only has 96 cores clocked at 1200Mhz.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

clock alone cant give you that much of a performance.


Check This Out

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd?~ck=mn...

The Video Card Is A (AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB)
Memory (6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz)
Hard Drive (750GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive)
Windows 8 64 Bit
Processor (3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
August 5, 2013 10:20:16 AM

jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.

Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


the game requires fast CPU speed. I'll be recomending a quad-core for desktop. But since your looking for a laptop, A dual core may do, atleast get a laptop that comes with a nvidia/ATI graphics. but youll have to run the game at low settings and resolution, unless ofcourse your buying a REAL gaming laptop, which definitely will cost you twice or thrice than a gaming desktop.

If you decided to buy a desktop computer for gaming, get the ones that are quad core. An intel i5-3570k are right now one of the most recomended quad-core for gaming. for a discrete graphics card, a nvidia gtx 650 / ATI Radeon 7770.. you may also consider getting a 660Ti / 7870.

PS: Try to upgrade your RAM atleast 4gb. to utilize the minimum potential of 64bit computing operating systems. And oh yeah, get a decent PSU too, if your planning to upgrade the said components.


Check This Out And Tell Me If Its Good
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=dncwc21...

Or

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/buy/intelinside/...


I wouldnt recomend an Intel HD Graphics card for gaming. Especially laptops since its very expensive. but if you insist on the two. the samsung with gt 650m dedicated nvidia card will be more powerful than DELL's GT 525M.

GT 650m has 384 GPU Cores, clocked at 900Mhz
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

while gt 525m only has 96 cores clocked at 1200Mhz.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

clock alone cant give you that much of a performance.


Check This Out

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd?~ck=mn...

The Video Card Is A (AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB)
Memory (6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz)
Hard Drive (750GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive)
Windows 8 64 Bit
Processor (3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)


that will do too.. but still desktop for gaming, is cheaper and u also get higher quality and effects overall.
August 6, 2013 10:38:51 AM

reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
jstaystackin said:
reijin2409 said:
first of, the size of your ram is not compatible with 64bit OS.. since the purpose of using 64bit operating system is because it can handle RAM more than 4gb.

on topic: the game requires shader model 3.0 and probably your video card doesnt support shader model 3,0 this is what causes the error. I wont ask, what model your videocard is, but I recommend you to upgrade your video card to a better model.

Is A Intel HD Graphics Video Card Good


the game requires fast CPU speed. I'll be recomending a quad-core for desktop. But since your looking for a laptop, A dual core may do, atleast get a laptop that comes with a nvidia/ATI graphics. but youll have to run the game at low settings and resolution, unless ofcourse your buying a REAL gaming laptop, which definitely will cost you twice or thrice than a gaming desktop.

If you decided to buy a desktop computer for gaming, get the ones that are quad core. An intel i5-3570k are right now one of the most recomended quad-core for gaming. for a discrete graphics card, a nvidia gtx 650 / ATI Radeon 7770.. you may also consider getting a 660Ti / 7870.

PS: Try to upgrade your RAM atleast 4gb. to utilize the minimum potential of 64bit computing operating systems. And oh yeah, get a decent PSU too, if your planning to upgrade the said components.


Check This Out And Tell Me If Its Good
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=dncwc21...

Or

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/buy/intelinside/...


I wouldnt recomend an Intel HD Graphics card for gaming. Especially laptops since its very expensive. but if you insist on the two. the samsung with gt 650m dedicated nvidia card will be more powerful than DELL's GT 525M.

GT 650m has 384 GPU Cores, clocked at 900Mhz
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

while gt 525m only has 96 cores clocked at 1200Mhz.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-g...

clock alone cant give you that much of a performance.


Check This Out

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd?~ck=mn...

The Video Card Is A (AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB)
Memory (6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz)
Hard Drive (750GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive)
Windows 8 64 Bit
Processor (3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)


that will do too.. but still desktop for gaming, is cheaper and u also get higher quality and effects overall.


I know A desktop better but I already own a desktop and I don't want to get another one because the one I have is good but I was getting a new laptop for school so I can be able to play this game


August 6, 2013 1:04:08 PM

jstaystackin said:

I know A desktop better but I already own a desktop and I don't want to get another one because the one I have is good but I was getting a new laptop for school so I can be able to play this game

Then that laptop you provided will work in some games. on the other hand it will somehow work on GTA IV. but I really cant give you an assurance to have good frames, since GTA is also a CPU eater. I had bad experience playing it on dual core CPU's. as far as I remember.
!