Computer turns on for 30s before turning off by itself

Computer "turns on" (all fans an leds turn on) for 30 or so seconds before restarting. Monitor says that it is not connected to anything. Thermaltake tr2-600watt psu, i7 3770k 3.4ghz cpu (factory settings, not overclocked or anything) 550ti video card.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LkXW21T0CWg
Recorded a video of what happens when I
turn it on.

Edit: there used to be 5 short beeps while holding the power button, but now nothing happens
8 answers Last reply
More about computer turns 30s turning
  1. It's either your psu is poor quality or you have not enough wattage.
  2. Disregard this, computer is back in the condition it was in the OP
  3. Try replacing your PSU with a better brand and higher wattage
  4. petermic said:
    Try replacing your PSU with a better brand and higher wattage

Yesterday it was working fine; could it have broke overnight? The problem started this morning when I turned it on
  5. Arcalamus said:
    petermic said:
    Try replacing your PSU with a better brand and higher wattage

Yesterday it was working fine; could it have broke overnight? The problem started this morning when I turned it on

Wow. That's really weird though. T he PSU probably broke down overnight.
  6. yeah probably the psu. i had an off brand 550w psu, an i3 and 660 and it would boot up for just a minute or two then go back off. thats why I bought a psu that was overkill :)
  7. thdarkshadow said:
    yeah probably the psu. i had an off brand 550w psu, an i3 and 660 and it would boot up for just a minute or two then go back off. thats why I bought a psu that was overkill :)

Can we turn this into a PSU recommendation thread then? What can I buy for less than $200 that is reliable?
  8. thdarkshadow said:
    yeah probably the psu. i had an off brand 550w psu, an i3 and 660 and it would boot up for just a minute or two then go back off. thats why I bought a psu that was overkill :)

Arcalamus said:
    thdarkshadow said:

This is a really reliable PSU

Can we turn this into a PSU recommendation thread then? What can I buy for less than $200 that is reliable?

This is a really reliable PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207020&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Components