thick vs. thin atx case on cooling

bluesky4us

Honorable
May 19, 2013
i have recently changed out my case to a cheap thin cramped micro atx mini tower.
all of the temperatures went down 5 degrees the cpu went down 7
it runs quieter with the two fan configuration of the mini tower.
the only sacrifice is the case had to be modded i soldered some steel rods to the all white medal (which is really hard to work with) case and it still is a bit flimsy.

this actually ads to the performance of a computer. sound like a joke but it is int.

hears a picture of the peace of crap i started with
ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
Yeah, seems to make sense, that the volume of air in the case is less, but the rate of flow of air is the same in both cases lets assume, then the rate of heat transfer will be greater.

Although the reverse arguement might be that in a big case you'd expect more air, so more volume over which the heat is spread out and therefore heat is not concentrated in a smaller space.

Im not sure, but the first option seems more logical to me :)

bluesky4us

Honorable
May 19, 2013
sorry the picture did not show up

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UYN6U8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anyways

i use raid 0 and the drives seem to also stay cooler

the graphics card is upside down and the fan sink is next to some open slots on the case witch helps it i think

i am using the power supply it came with with like the amazon post is quiet the only thing that concerns me is its generic it is from linkworld. i though it was a steal with the card reader to
i got it when it was 35 dollars.